The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Ask Absolutely Anything! (+FAQ)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jessiejoo101
Is there anyway I can change course before I arrive. I would really like to change from Politics to Law - which I meet the entry requirements for. There isn't any places on the Law course through clearing or adjustment or anything, but unsure if as a student who has already got in if I can change courses still. I rang the clearing number but they were really unhelpful, and basically just said no. But, I can't help thinking that there must be a way to change courses.

You might be able to change when you get there. After the first week say you don't like the course and want to change. Some of my friends managed to do it. Worth a try.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by jessiejoo101
Is there anyway I can change course before I arrive. I would really like to change from Politics to Law - which I meet the entry requirements for. There isn't any places on the Law course through clearing or adjustment or anything, but unsure if as a student who has already got in if I can change courses still. I rang the clearing number but they were really unhelpful, and basically just said no. But, I can't help thinking that there must be a way to change courses.

Yeah, as said above, get on that as soon as you arrive. They won't entertain that idea yet while they're too busy sorting out clearing, adjustment, regular applicants etc. You have a week or two to move around when you arrive - if there's room.
Reply 3602
Hell:smile:!

Does anyone know if there's a Warwick 2014 Facebook group page? Is anyone else doing the Warwick IFY in Law? I'm having trouble finding people doing my course.:woo:

I'm also interested in joining a music society. Is anyone else joining, or already a member of one?
Let me know

I would really appreciate it.
Original post by AMAT
Hell:smile:!

Does anyone know if there's a Warwick 2014 Facebook group page? Is anyone else doing the Warwick IFY in Law? I'm having trouble finding people doing my course.:woo:

I'm also interested in joining a music society. Is anyone else joining, or already a member of one?
Let me know

I would really appreciate it.

I'm all for the idea of joining a music appreciation society, or choir sort of thing :colondollar:
Anyone know how exactly resit exams are compared to the main ones? Do they usually keep the exam's structure and difficulty of the main one? I'm particularly wondering about Economics exams.
Hey guys! I just want to ask a random question. My eating at warwick account states my online balance is £55 but my card balance is £0 - what does this mean?
Original post by High_Cholestrol
Hey guys! I just want to ask a random question. My eating at warwick account states my online balance is £55 but my card balance is £0 - what does this mean?

I think it means the £55 is registered to you online but not stored 'on the card'. So next time you put the card in a card reader then the money would transfer on to the card.
Hey, I am a fresher starting on the 4th of October and all the informations about enrolment are a little bit confusing. I this is my first year at Warcik I should register before 12th of September or after I receive an email to enrole ?
Do people often drop courses in WBS? I was only allowed to enrol today and all the courses I need are full.
hey guys, this might be a bit random but does anyone have any recommendations for driving instructors? I'll be living on campus
Are we supposed to be able to access our Warwick email before we start?
Original post by jacobjacob
Are we supposed to be able to access our Warwick email before we start?

If you've just enrolled & signed up for your ITS account, I found it took a good few hours before I could get into it. :smile:
Original post by Glavespian
If you've just enrolled & signed up for your ITS account, I found it took a good few hours before I could get into it. :smile:

Ah, I'm on now. Thanks.
Do i need to bring my GCSE or A level certificates to the first weekend? I have lost my GCSE certificates and not got my A level ones. Is that a problem?

Is there anything i need to be doing right now for my course (history) and where would i check if there was anything i would need to do in terms of a reading list or something?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IllmaticDragon
Do i need to bring my GCSE or A level certificates to the first weekend? I have lost my GCSE certificates and not got my A level ones. Is that a problem?

Is there anything i need to be doing right now for my course (history) and where would i check if there was anything i would need to do in terms of a reading list or something?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah unless you've been explicitly told to, no-one looks at them at all. All that verification of results and stuff was done through UCAS ages ago.

Visit your departmental page - http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/fac/arts/history/

If there's nothing there (I couldn't see anything when I glanced at it) then you'll probably get an email just before the start of term. Maybe sooner, depends on who runs it.
Original post by IllmaticDragon

Posted from TSR Mobile

No need to bring certificates, the university got your grades automatically through UCAS before results day. It would also be quite awkward and completely impractical if someone moved in and was then told they didn't have the grades. :tongue: Most people don't get their A-Level certificates for a few months either, my school had the presentation evening in March the following year.
Living in leam, is there any real difference (other than cost) between the national express bus pass and the stagecoach one?
Original post by Appeal to reason
Living in leam, is there any real difference (other than cost) between the national express bus pass and the stagecoach one?

The Stagecoach buses are far more frequent, and go a more direct faster route to the university. If you're living in Leamington Spa the Stagecoach pass is much better than the National Express one. The difference is only £20 between the three term passes which is nothing when you look at the better service from Stagecoach.
Yep, Stagecoach is a lot better.
Original post by jameswhughes
No need to bring certificates, the university got your grades automatically through UCAS before results day. It would also be quite awkward and completely impractical if someone moved in and was then told they didn't have the grades. :tongue: Most people don't get their A-Level certificates for a few months either, my school had the presentation evening in March the following year.

Thx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest