The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Stalin
You could also add anti-Irish and toff to that list.

The only people who aren't anti-Irish are drunks and the Irish diaspora. It should probably also be noted that there's a lot of cross-over between those two categories as well.
Bagration
(1) Hitler had expressed a desire not to fight France.

LMAO :facepalm:

Ummmm, Blitzkrieg? Ffs.....

Versailles? Hall of Mirrors? oh my.....
Reply 62
Max Hinks
LMAO

Ummmm, Blitzkrieg? Ffs.....

Versailles? Hall of Mirrors? oh my.....
By the time 1939 rolled around, Hitler had abrogated all of the Treaty, and in any case, Blitzkrieg was an informal term used by Western media to describe Wehrmacht combined arms strategy, not a reason for Hitler to go to war with France O_o
Reply 63
Bagration
(1) Hitler had expressed a desire not to fight Britain and France.

(2) After fighting the USSR there would be no desire for a war in the West, and it would likely be very difficult. Britain and France would have re-armed and learnt alot more after observing German tactics in the East.

(3) It's not really about me being an awesome strategist, it's a "What if" if we had never declared war on Germany.

The Germans would never have defeated the USSR, which kinda renders the rest of your assumptious irrelevant.
Bagration
By the time 1939 rolled around, Hitler had abrogated all of the Treaty, and in any case, Blitzkrieg was an informal term used by Western media to describe Wehrmacht combined arms strategy, not a reason for Hitler to go to war with France O_o

Alsas Lorraine..... Maybe a reason?
Revenge maybe a reason?

I just cannot possible believe, that anyone is under some lude interpretation that Germany wasn't concerned with France.
Ylem
The Germans would never have defeated the USSR, which kinda renders the rest of your assumptious irrelevant.

They were, what, 20 miles away from Moscow at one point, and on the outskirts of Leningrad? I don't think it's all that much of a stretch to say the Germans could have beaten the USSR if it didn't have to fight the other Allied as well.
USA should not have provoked Japan into attacking Pearl Harbour, america should have remained Isolationist

Hitler Invaded some of france to teach it a lesson, remember Vichy france
Hitler would have destroyed Soviet Union , which wouldve meant no Cold war
Hitlers Germany produced amazing scientist, both America and the Soviet Union used Secret German documents they uncovered to use as they developed new weapons
Hitler would have stopped the Creation of the illegal state of isreal so there wouldve been no 9/11, iraq or afganistan
As for Jews dying, if america loved them so much why not relocate them to texas ? germans were peeved off with the Jews, because a hand full of Jews owned large parts of the Economy, its like what happened in Ireland, Catholics sick of Protestant domination
As for Japan, all Japan was doing was taking colonies of the French and renaming them Japan...
Reply 67
It had no consequence for ethnic Europeans. I am an ethnic European as were 99.9% of people in Europe at the time. It was not our problem.
(edited 3 years ago)
Notker
It had no consequence for ethnic Europeans. I am an ethnic European as were 99.9% of people in Europe at the time. It was not our problem.

So it had nothing to do with us whatsoever? That a few hundred miles from our border, a nation state was gassing millions of people based on their race?
Thomassss
Hitler Invaded some of france to teach it a lesson, remember Vichy france

Teach it a lesson? :teehee: You really need to work on your history.

Hitler would have destroyed Soviet Union , which wouldve meant no Cold war

But there still would have been a war, as the world isn't going to idly sit by whilst a **** in a silly moustache invades the world's largest country.

Hitlers Germany produced amazing scientist, both America and the Soviet Union used Secret German documents they uncovered to use as they developed new weapons

Einstein? Yes, he was German, however he fled to the USA because they would have killed him.

Hitler would have stopped the Creation of the illegal state of isreal so there wouldve been no 9/11, iraq or afganistan

There were still a lot of Jews in the British Mandate at the time. I take it he would have "stopped it" by gassing every single Jew? You regard this as a good thing, because Israel would not exist?

As for Jews dying, if america loved them so much why not relocate them to texas ?

This is the most insulting, and ridiculous but strangely amusing thing I've ever heard...

germans were peeved off with the Jews, because a hand full of Jews owned large parts of the Economy, its like what happened in Ireland, Catholics sick of Protestant domination

:fyi: Jews were banned from a lot of jobs in Wiemar Germany, have you never wondered why most Jews were bankers or lawyers? They were the only jobs they could do. Also, what the hell is it to you who owns what? And how the hell does this justify genocide? Jews were not "dominating" Germany before the Nazis - far from it.

And if you want to go down the Catholic/Protestant route, you could argue that Irish Catholics stole jobs in Scotland and took over: but you're not that hateful, right? :rolleyes:
Reply 70
No, Germany's policy had nothing to do with us. The Holocaust was terrible, but so are many things that we haven't gone to war over: when Stalin was sending millions to die in the Gulag we didn't declare war on the Soviet Union; when the Hutus massacred a million Tutsis we didn't ship troops to Rwanda (and that was in 1994); when Sadam Hussein was 'cleansing' Iraq of Kurds we didn't intervene (until we wanted his oil). The fact is that the Holocaust was not a reason to declare war on Germany.
(edited 3 years ago)
Hitler produced a Brilliant nation with Brilliant minds forget Einstein, The Third Reich produced architecture, Scientist and none of these dole seekers wasting goverment money

Hitler Produced a strong government working in the interest of people not allowed special intrest groups to dictate the country

As for Hitler invading Poland etc, America went around invading Hawaii,Cuba,Philippines

Hitler may have been discriminating against Jews but that was no different to British India, American Segregation, Apartheid in South Africa

WW2 caused 10 million deaths

at least it ensured Hitler did not invade Poland.. oh wait, Poland lived under Soviet Rule for 50 years

What a fail , Britain shouldve stayed out of the war, for one thing the france would be split in 2 pieces and they would not be able to give us grief

Jews dominated large industries in Germany, similar to White Rule in Zimbabwe or South Africa, A minority ruling the majority , Germans had a right to reclaim their country

How would Hitler have stopped the illegal creation of isreal and all the other foreign policy disasters pro-isreali lobbyist have taken us into ? simply by existing, Britian would not have had a free hand to influence the middle east with the Third Reich around. With no Cold war, America would not have had an excuse to support Isreal

I know my history I think you people need to look at the Allied genocide in Dresden and American foreign policy from 1988-2003

Edit : I apologize in advance if I cause any one offence , that is not my intention
Thomassss
Hitler may have been discriminating against Jews but that was no different to British India, American Segregation, Apartheid in South Africa

There's a difference between genocide and discrimination.

Jews dominated large industries in Germany, similar to White Rule in Zimbabwe or South Africa, A minority ruling the majority , Germans had a right to reclaim their country

No. Don't even go down this route. How the hell did their "right" to "reclaim their country" (as if that's even a "right" ) justify genocide?
so what discrimination is ok ? lmaooo ,Aparthied was simply Discrimination ?? you mean it had no aim to wipe them out ??
Germans had every right to reclaim their country , why should 99% of the population be controlled by a small minority with only secondary allegiance to the state ?
what Hitler did to the Jews is no different to what the rest of the Europe and America was doing to other minorities,
Native Indians ? Cultural genocide ?
Just because Hitler Nationalized a few Jewish Industries is no reason to sacrifice the lives of British Men and Women
The Jews Declared War on Germany in 1933, this is the truth but not reported by in British History Books:yes:
http://www.wintersonnenwende.com/scriptorium/english/archives/articles/jdecwar.html

i bet you were not expecting that now where you ? Dont try and Justify Israel's illegal action by comparing it to other countries which do not claim to be Democracies
(edited 3 years ago)
Thomassss
so what discrimination is ok ? lmaooo ,Aparthied was simply Discrimination ?? you mean it had no aim to wipe them out ??
Germans had every right to reclaim their country , why should 99% of the population be controlled by a small minority with only secondary allegiance to the state ?
what Hitler did to the Jews is no different to what the rest of the Europe and America was doing to other minorities,
Just because Hitler Nationalized a few Jewish Industries is no reason to sacrifice the lives of British Men and Women
The Jews Declared War on Germany in 1933, this is the truth but not reported by in British History Books:yes:
http://www.wintersonnenwende.com/scriptorium/english/archives/articles/jdecwar.html

i bet you were not expecting that now where you ?

No, because it's a load of insulting ********.
On topic please, and calm down
I like how Thomassss gets away with massive anti-Semitism and trivializing the Holocaust, but Jake gets an infraction for reacting to it... Hardly seems fair.
Ylem

Had the Germans not been forced to fight on 2 fronts, I believe they may have taken the Soviet Union, after all they sieged Leningrad, Moscow and Stalingrad. Had they had the extra manpower(troops fighting in Western Europe and Northern Africa), I'm sure each city would've fallen, marking the end of the Soviet Union.

With that being said, the idea of France and the UK allowing Germany to become Europe's hegemon is absurd though, they would've been forced to declare war, it was only a matter of time.
Thomassss

The US fought against the Native Americans, in order to expand their country just as the Native Americans were doing, both sides wanted more land in order to become more powerful than their enemies, thus decreasing the chances of their enemies invading them.

Hitler didn't fight a war against the Jews, he was simply racking them up and exterminating them, not only that but he attempted to exterminate communists, homosexuals, disabled people and blacks or imprison them and turn them into slaves. And you think that the Allied soldiers shouldn't have intervened - instead, Britain and France should've allied with him? You make me sick.

Don't we have a duty as humans to protect people? If you see someone getting beat up, wouldn't you intervene and protect them and doesn't the same apply to countries, races and/or groups?
Stalin
The US fought against the Native Americans, in order to expand their country just as the Native Americans were doing, both sides wanted more land in order to become more powerful than their enemies, thus decreasing the chances of their enemies invading them.

Hitler didn't fight a war against the Jews, he was simply racking them up and exterminating them, not only that but he attempted to exterminate communists, homosexuals, disabled people and blacks or imprison them and turn them into slaves. And you think that the Allied soldiers shouldn't have intervened - instead, Britain and France should've allied with him? You make me sick.

Don't we have a duty as humans to protect people? If you see someone getting beat up, wouldn't you intervene and protect them and doesn't the same apply to countries, races and/or groups?

the US did not fight the Native Americans, it took over their land kicked them out and replaced the people with Americans. Manifest destiny ?

And Hitler exterminating the jews ? that is disputed, and it was the Jews who declared war on Hitler Government First

The native americans did not want more land, they wanted to stay in their land

America annexed large parts of the world from Hawaii to Texas, which makes Germany's demand to get back the polish corridor acceptable

all Hitler wanted was to unite all German Speaking people under one flag..

i did not say the Allies shouldve sided with Hitler, I dont care what the Allies did or did not do, Britain shouldve stayed Neural.

If protecting Human life is so important , why not invade the Soviet Union ? where million of people including Jews were killed

What did WW2 achieve ? freedom for eastern europeans ??? NO

Double Standards ,

If I see Kids two people fighting each other,I intervene, but when two Grown Men fight because one of them slept with anothers wife I dont do anything Because I am not the Police, likewise Britian is not the World Police :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

The Soviets where too blame for signing the pact with Hitler in the first place, why should Britian bail out Soviet union ? no one forced them to sign it, the Soviets continued to supply Hitler with oil and stuff the day before war was declared

Jews were citizens of Germany not Britain, why should Britain intervene unless Jews were pulling the strings of the British government ?

Latest

Trending

Trending