Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website

derby halls, which is the best??

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Razeth
Hey, I'm at 16A1 Nunnery Court...again, Second Year. So if any of you need any help with anything round derby, good pubs/clubs, decent places to shop etc etc jus send me a message on here or pop round xP I'll be in from Friday onwards.

EDIT: Oh and some facts, Nunnery Court, Peak Court, Princess Alice and Sir Peter Hilton are all pretty much next to each other, so when the site says 'Sir Peter Hilton is closer to town' it LITERALLY means by about 2 roads to cross xD. Lonsdale is much further South then the rest. Personally I picked Nunnery Court again because it's, well, cozy. Nice fountain in the middle, pretty much opposite Sainsbury's, bout 15-20 min walk from Kedleston Road.

EDIT...again:

Nunnery Court has 5 people per flat, each with 1 kitchen, 1 bathroom and 1 shower (usually)
The common room has a Jukebox, Wifi, a TV, a Pool Table and Vending Machines.
20 minute walk to Uni, bout 10 to City Centre.
Bus is £1.50 one way to Uni, so if you're late its alright, but walking is fine
Nunnery Court has a car park with CCTV, but you need a parking permit.

Are there any pubs that host a decent pub quiz near the halls?
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website
Reply 21
A decent pub quiz..hmmmm.. There are a few pubs imbetween Sir Peter Hilton and Nunnery, literally round the corner (literally XD) one of them does a pub quiz often, it's name escapes me though >_<
I know the Jonty Farmer, which is near the uni so not that far from the halls, do a quiz. £1.50 to enter, prize £15 with a chance to gamble it for £100 and everyone gets sausage and mash free :biggrin: Not too bad!
Reply 23
Pickford
Are there any pubs that host a decent pub quiz near the halls?

I live across from a pub this year and they have a quiz night, I also know the Brick & Tile do one but that pub is semi anti-student.
I know Einstein's does Karaoke but it is normally dead as a dodo
Reply 24
Original post by chocolate*angel
im applying to the photography BA Hons course... and you??:smile:

Hey, i'm doing photography fine art too.
I think St Christopher's is pretty good! I've been there for 3 years now, this will be my 4th year and I have never had any problems there. Always had good flat-mates and I think St Chris is smack-bang in the middle of uni and town. Its about 15/20 min walk from both locations so it's not too bad. It's mega safe and you feel comfortable here. I love living there!
Reply 26
Hi

Coming to Derby this September and have just been told that the only accommodation left is poss Lonsdale otherwise Laverstock. Does anyone know anyone whose lived in these halls and what it's like around this area?

Was hoping to get into one of the halls nearer the uni, but they say the waiting list already has about 80 people on it.

Can anyone give me some ideas.

Also am doing OT - are there any others on student room starting OT this september? and if so which halls are you staying in?

Thanks
Reply 27
im going Lonsdale in sept, any clues how good it is there?
Reply 28
If it's worth anything to anyone, this is what my Princess Alice Court room from last year looked like (in terms of space, etc.):

+ Nunnery Court rooms were quite similar. I didn't visit any of the other halls of residence unfortunately.
Reply 29
I was in Lonsdale last year, and Lonsdale again come September, anybody want to know anything about it then just message me :smile:
Reply 30
I was in Nunnery last year. Nice size room, protected car park, it's only 15-20 minutes walk to both the uni and town and Sainsbury's is literally across the road.

Here's my room. Just after I moved in, it's way too organized for any other time. Wardrobe is next to the drawers and then the sink next to that.

Reply 31
Much too clean Luke. o_o
Princess Alice is the best but i am biased as i lived there last year and am the rep there :P

but they are all good and roughly the same
Just been to visit my room in Nunnery Court and it seems okay. Good enough for me, anyway! Adequate sizing; I'd say it's bigger than the room I'm stuck in whilst living at home! If anyone else on here's starting in September and is staying at Nunnery Court, or any other halls nearby for that matter, don't hesitate to get in touch.
Reply 34
Original post by Matt2207
Much too clean Luke. o_o

You know better than anyone that the only other time it was anywhere near that state was when I left in June!

Also for anyone knew, matt and I met on here about a week before we moved in as flat mates, so it's a good place to try and find who you'll be living with.
Reply 35
Kind of an empty thread...but are the rooms the same sort of size? I'm thinking of applying for Princess Court/Peak and there aren't many pictures around. I'll be applying for an en suite, so will this make it smaller?
Reply 36
Also another question, are you allowed to use blu tack on the walls? I know some. Universities don't like it, but how would I stick up the masses of posters I have?!
Hi guys. We have a stunning en-suite room available in a beautiful student house. Very close to city centre and University, fully furnished house (tv, wii etc), free parking, and best of all...cheaper than halls! inbox for more details

x
Heya, I'm moving into St Christophers ensuite room in September, does anyone happen to have any photos of an ensuite room there? The ones of general en-suites on the website look smaller than the regular rooms! Cheers
Reply 39
Rooms are generally the same size. Ensuite rooms are normal rooms with an en-suite "unit" inside them. So they look slightly smaller as the extra room is used for the en-suite

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending