The Student Room Group
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website

University Open Days

Hi folks :hello:

I thought I’d start a thread to talk about Open Days.

Open Days are a great way to get a “feel” of a university, and its city or town, wherever you are on your university journey.

At a University of Derby Open Day, you get a chance to talk to academics from the courses you’re interested in. You can tour our first-class facilities and see where you could be living. And you can ask questions of our student ambassadors about what it’s really like to study here.

I love an Open Day. I tend to work the doors, greeting people as they come in, finding out what they’re looking for and steering them in the right direction.

And I’m not the only one who loves an Open Day.

Dan Jellicoe, who is from West Sussex, is a student on our BSc (Hons) Sound, Light and Live Event Technology. This is what he has to say about Open Days (he came to two):

“That first Open Day definitely sold it to me. We came up on the train and we walked straight through the city. And that was a good start for me. I was like, oh yeah, this is nice, I can do this.

“We went up to Kedleston Road and I was like, this is an impressive space. It was very welcoming and the amount of students that were around just to talk to and ask questions to was fantastic.

"But it was going to student accommodation, and walking around the halls and going, oh yeah, I could properly see myself living here. And it was being able to go, actually, in a year's time, I could be walking around here and be learning here and studying here."

Let us know if you have any Open Day questions. Or Open Day experiences you want to share.

Thanks for reading.

^Toby
(edited 2 years ago)
Hi folks
Here's an update.
Our next Undergraduate Open Day is on Saturday, July 2, from 10am to 3pm. So you’ve got time to get yourself organised.
Maybe I'll see you there. :thumbsup:
All the best.
^Toby
(edited 1 year ago)
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website
Well, we all had a fantastic time at the Open Day on Saturday. :yeah:
If you were there, was there anything you particularly enjoyed? And was there anything you wanted to see but were not able to?
Our next Undergraduate Open Day is on Saturday, September 24, from 10am to 3pm.
For those of you thinking about postgraduate courses, we also have a Postgraduate Open Event on Wednesday, September 7, from 4pm to 7pm.
All the best.
Toby
Hi folks
I hope everyone who went to the last Postgraduate Open Event got everything they needed out of it. If not, post your questions here and we'll do our best to answer them.
The next Postgraduate Open Event is on Saturday, November 26, from 1pm to 4pm.
Of course, we are now building up to the Undergraduate Open Day on Saturday (September 24). Exciting stuff. I'll be there. Maybe I’ll see you.
If you have any questions beforehand, again, post them in here.
All the best. :thumbsup:
Toby
Hello again folks,
We've already had a couple of cracking Open Days this year.
There were doughnuts!
doughnuts.jpg
Our next Undergraduate Open Day and Applicant Day is on Saturday, March 25.
I'll be there, as usual, outside to greet you.

Before the last Open Day, we asked parents what questions they wanted answers to:

"What are the job opportunities after graduating from this course?"

"What financial help is available to students?"

"What's the local area like for students?"

"How easy is it to get from the accommodation to the lectures?"

"What are the accommodation options and how much are they?"

"Is there anyone they can talk to if they're having issues?"

Come along and ask these questions. And more.

PS DOUGHNUTS!!!

All the best.
Toby
Hi Everyone,

📅 Our next Undergraduate Open is on Saturday, 24 June.

If you have questions about university life, the courses at Derby, student accommodation, facilities or anything else, book your place today! 🍩

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending