The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
David Beckham came and sat at the next table to me at a cafe in Wimbledon village during the championships one year (I went to school in Wimbledon). That's about it. :biggrin:
I've met Ian Rush and John Barnes while they were over here for a "Liverpool Legends" charity match, Ian Rush wasn't all that great tbh. John Barnes was very friendly and he signed my ticket :smile:
The gf was chatted up by a man claiming to be Fernando Torres' cousin a couple of months ago. Does that count?
Clubber Lang
The hospital?

Bit before that, I think. The pub. :p:
Reply 24
I've met Robin van Persie :yes:

OK, I lied. I wish.
Reply 25
I met Crouchy, it was some competition from my primary school, and he was a Saints player then. I wasn't too shocked by his height, cos my step dad is 6ft8:p:

Beckham also waved at me and my friends after England vs Macedonia at St Mary's :biggrin:
Blue Rose Bowl
Met Bobby Robson (rip), to be honest he was a bit of a knob, I said hi and went to shake his hand (noone else was around) and he completely ignored me.

Oh, thank god you put that in, otherwise calling him a knob might have been a bit out of order...
Nobby Solano, Geoff Hurst and most of the 1982 Champions League winning squad for me. They were pleasant.

cfc1992
I shook Cheryl's hand a few months ago. :yes:

Probably the least note-worthy part of Cheryl Cole's anatomy you could shake.
I know someone who works in the Islington Council town hall so have been fortunate enough to meet the Arsenal team 4 times since 1994 when they had the open top bus tour then civic reception there.

Met the 1994 cup winners cup team. Can't remember it much tbh but apparently Lee Dixon had a chat to me.

Double winning teams of 98 and 2002. My nan took me to the 98 one and had a right old natter to Paddy Vieira's wife.

Went again in 2004 and was a bit older this time so wasn't so scared. Was getting some food when Bobby Pires spilt his drink. I gave him some tissues and was rewarded with conversation :biggrin:. Had the briefest of chats with Thierry Henry but his presence was more than enough for me :yy:
I slept with Terry

True story
Jeff Whitley once got his hair cut on my road, and I got his autograph. This was years ago though.

Andreas Kopke, the German goalkeeper, came to my primary school in 1996 too.
Reply 31
Every pre-season the club has an open day where anyone can go and meet the players and get autographs etc, so I've sort of met all our players through the times at these. Additionally I've seen Michael McIndoe in a furniture shop, seen Mark McCammon shopping in Spar and I was once in the same lift as Sam Hird in town.
Reply 32
DJB_1990
Every pre-season the club has an open day where anyone can go and meet the players and get autographs etc, so I've sort of met all our players through the times at these. Additionally I've seen Michael McIndoe in a furniture shop, seen Mark McCammon shopping in Spar and I was once in the same lift as Sam Hird in town.

I know he's there on loan but..even Billy Sharp? If you say yes..i'll be a tad jealous. :p:

I've met Shaun Maloney when he was at Villa...and instantly fell in love.
Reply 33
No, not met Billy. He signed on deadline day after the season had started. I hope he will be at the next open day. :wink:
Reply 34
DJB_1990
No, not met Billy. He signed on deadline day after the season had started. I hope he will be at the next open day. :wink:

Well, i say you need to get a picture of him :p: Haha.
When he was at Rushden & Diamonds, he managed to do well for them and i started to like him..then at Scunny with Keogh where i loved that partnership and now he seems to be doing quite alright for you too. I don't know..i just like him! Ha.
I used to deliver a paper to Emile Heskey every week

Trick or Treated Lee Hughes (ex-WBA player) but his wife answered the door:frown:

seen a few Birmingham City players around my village too
Met Steve Bruce when we were walking around after the 99 final in Barcelona. Me dad mainly had a nice chat with him, and he said wasn't it past my bed time :smile: I was only 8. Cant think of any others, but my rents met basically the whole CL winning team at haydock park like a month after and got invited into the united box with their friends. Bad times I was still 8 lol.
I met Eirik Bakke once when I went to retrieve the linch-piece of the gazebo I was building from his back yard.
Jim, I've just realised just how ******* little I can understand your accent STILL. When I bumped into you at uni the other day I honestly thought you said Bill Bailey, hence the look of utter confusion on my face when you said he was a midget. Sort it out.

I've met loads of the Brentford team over the years, most note worthy is probably only Stephen Hunt though... missed out on Michael Turner. Also Sam Sodje, Kevin O'Connor and Jay Tabb as personal favourites. Oh, and Martin Allen. :coma: My fixture booklet for this season is signed by Leon Legge.
Reply 39
Geoff Hurst, Darren Huckerby, Russell Hoult, Michael Johnson, Kasper Schmeichel, Sol Campbell, Graeme Lee, Paul Hart

Latest