The Student Room Group
mrs.fry
Is it possible to do a degree in Diagnostic Radiology then do a medical degree afterward?
Will medical schools accept this?
Obviously it will depend on the classification of the degree..

Thanks in advance :smile:

Most unis don't mind what degree you have as long as it is a 2:1, the only thing I would watch out for is the fact that the degree sounds vocational? If it is then they may ask why you changed what you want to become.
Reply 2
Yep, definitely possible, though if you have the right A level grades please do take a gap year and re-apply!
Reply 3
Okay currently I'm predicted AAB..
I've had an interview at Cardiff but I think it went badly, so I'm just waiting for my rejection.. to join my other three rejections :frown:
So I was thinking either about applying for Radiology through Clearing (if you can do that..?) or reapplying after a gap year.. depending on my grades.. I'm also holding an offer from Leicester for Medical Physiology..
Reply 4
mrs.fry
Okay currently I'm predicted AAB..
I've had an interview at Cardiff but I think it went badly, so I'm just waiting for my rejection.. to join my other three rejections :frown:
So I was thinking either about applying for Radiology through Clearing (if you can do that..?) or reapplying after a gap year.. depending on my grades.. I'm also holding an offer from Leicester for Medical Physiology..

Hey, i also have an offer for medical physiology at Leicester, they have the option of a transfer after the first year, provided you get the grades and pass the interview. Are you thinking of going for it?
Reply 5
Ridium
Hey, i also have an offer for medical physiology at Leicester, they have the option of a transfer after the first year, provided you get the grades and pass the interview. Are you thinking of going for it?

Yeah, at the moment I'm going to accept it as a firm unless I get a med offer from Cardiff.. how about you?
Reply 6
TooSexyForMyStethoscope
Most unis don't mind what degree you have as long as it is a 2:1, the only thing I would watch out for is the fact that the degree sounds vocational? If it is then they may ask why you changed what you want to become.

Hmm, maybe it would be better to go for an academic degree that I already have an offer for, but Radiology is still tempting!

Thanks for you input :smile:
mrs.fry

How about getting AAA and reapplying next year? You'll be a much more attractive candidate with actual grades rather than predicted.
mrs.fry
Is it possible to do a degree in Diagnostic Radiology then do a medical degree afterward?
Will medical schools accept this?
Obviously it will depend on the classification of the degree..

Thanks in advance :smile:

'Radiology'? You need to have a medical degree before you can do Rads! No uni offer Rads as an undergraduate 3 year BSc no matter how well you search.

You may be thinking of Radiography where you might be eligible for NHS non-means and means tested bursaries. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending