The Student Room Group

My 18th Birthday- I have no plans.

So, its my birthday in a few weeks time, and a few months ago, I was really excited about it.
But since then, I've been really stressed out with exams and university and stuff, and also basically lost one of my best friends through arguments/ disagreements.
So, I have lots of friends, but not many close ones, and I have no clue what to do for my birthday!
I don't drink, so no alcohol related suggestions please.
I was thinking of just a house party, but that seems like a boring idea.. :/

Any suggestions for what to do and who should I invite (just very few close friends or slightly more people, some of which I'm not that close to)?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
hasin_arshad
Sorry for the random question but You are not Aneela Khaliq by any chance, are you? lol:smile:

nah.. My username should have answered that question xP
Well you could still go clubbing and refrain from drinking alcohol but a house party sounds good though, with lots of people. :yes:
Forget your 18th, it's all about the 21st.

Revel in the fact that you've offers in medicine from Cambridge, King's, Barts and possibly UCL..
Reply 4
Haft_Hasht_Shish

Revel in the fact that you've offers in medicine from Cambridge, King's, Barts and possibly UCL..

haha, yeah, but my 21st is like 3 years away yet..
And hopefully by then, I won't be in this position :smile:
go for a birthday meal with a select group of friends.

It's my plan for a week on monday. :smile:
sidrah
So, its my birthday in a few weeks time, and a few months ago, I was really excited about it.
But since then, I've been really stressed out with exams and university and stuff, and also basically lost one of my best friends through arguments/ disagreements.
So, I have lots of friends, but not many close ones, and I have no clue what to do for my birthday!
I don't drink, so no alcohol related suggestions please.
I was thinking of just a house party, but that seems like a boring idea.. :/

Any suggestions for what to do and who should I invite (just very few close friends or slightly more people, some of which I'm not that close to)?

If you've got a few close friends why not a meal out and watch a movie (rent or go to cinema, whichever is best for your/your friends' budget)?

House parties are boring without alcohol really, so probably would be a bit rubbish.

What about paint balling? You could even try and make up with your lost friend and ask them if they'd like to join you and make a joke that you can take your anger out on each other by shooting at each other and make him captain of the other team? Don't know how bad the argument between you was though...
Do what I did. Just open your single present and birthday card and then quietly sing Happy Birthday to yourself.
Reply 8
DisgruntledMoth
Do what I did. Just open your single present and birthday card and then quietly sing Happy Birthday to yourself.

Damn you sound like a happy and social person. :p:
hasin_arshad
Sorry for the random question but You are not Aneela Khaliq by any chance, are you? lol:smile:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

MUG
i just had my 18th on friday

had a house party.
was AWESOME.

EDIT: was with alcohol though. jellys and ice and lots of booze from nearby tesco. was fun to buy it myself :p: . it was legend... i hope youre not lactose intolerant cos the next word is... DAIRY!

i suggest... gory movie? you are legal now :wink:

but... idk... cinema? then sit down dinner with a few people??
Reply 11
It's your 18th try and make it a bit special.

I would go for a house party or a nice meal.
Haft_Hasht_Shish

This.
Haft_Hasht_Shish

haha seconded
moomin_love

What about paint balling? You could even try and make up with your lost friend and ask them if they'd like to join you and make a joke that you can take your anger out on each other by shooting at each other and make him captain of the other team?.

A bunch of Muslims going paintballing? That's just asking for trouble...

:getmecoat:

I joke. I assume they're Muslims..
my 18th on sunday, im having a house party the saturday night so when it hits midnight itl be all amazing. Then sunday night im going clubbin! so do that!
Genocidal
Damn you sound like a happy and social person. :p:

Oh, I am.

The world hates me.
Reply 17
pub with a couple of friends? :dontknow:
You could all just go to the cinema or just for a nice meal somewhere? That's always a crowd pleaser. Maybe go to a theme park, i duno thorpe park or something? A house party would be fun, I'm sure no one would find it boring (so long as you don't impose your veiws on alcohol on eeryone else) Or you could go camping? That's always fun.
Reply 19
I haven't done anything exceptionally special on my birthdays in 7-8 years as my grandfather's death anniversary is 3 days after my day....
I was very close to my granddad and I can't help feeling sad.....

Usually my mum cooks something good...

Latest

Trending

Trending