The Student Room Group

Work experience

HELLP!
I need work experience for November ASAP.
Looking for a career in Police so if anyone knows how to find work experience for Police that would be great but honestly i need something so i don't get kicked from college.
I have been looking for ages and cant find anything, will continue looking.
Original post by Shaylyn
HELLP!
I need work experience for November ASAP.
Looking for a career in Police so if anyone knows how to find work experience for Police that would be great but honestly i need something so i don't get kicked from college.
I have been looking for ages and cant find anything, will continue looking.

Hi @Shaylyn

Every force is different, so depending on your location, there may be more opportunities within one force than in others. I currently volunteer for West Midlands Police as a Cadet Leader. My role is to teach 13 to 17-year-olds the policing curriculum.

I am planning on starting my Special Constable training soon, this will allow me to operate as a Police Officer on a voluntary basis. If you are approaching your 18th birthday soon this is definitely something you can apply for and looks incredible on your CV as well as giving you hands-on experience as a Police Officer.

If you are between the ages of 13 and 17 you do have the option of joining the Police Cadet scheme. It is very easy to apply through your police force website. I would definitely recommend doing some research on the scheme, I personally think it is an amazing opportunity for young people to learn about the law and work alongside Police Officers and staff.

I hope this helps:smile:
Anastasia
BCU Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending