The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Scherzando225
says the dude with a 5 word comeback to my argument:p:

You don't have an argument. The Olympic Games are utterly irrelevant, at any level, to the OP's question.
Reply 21
Thank you very much for all your replies ! Wow,it's getting harder and harder to make a decision ! I am however kind of thinking that UCL might be great because I love the course( it has Politics and IR but also Law,Geography,Economics,Anthropology and I particularly like the diversity ),in terms of World reputation I would say that it has an advantage but I really love the others Unis as well and I'm a little bit afraid of London in terms of safetiness and is it easy to make friends even if it isn't a campus Uni ? Are the societies at least a bit active? Which one has the bigest european students population? I've visited all three and I liked the atmosphere at Sheffield-relaxed and very student-friendly,the professionalism of Warwick and the international feeling of UCL ,so it's pretty hard to choose. Thanks again ,your advice is really important and useful !
Reply 22
What would you choose if you were in my place?
I would pick UCL. If you prefer a campus uni then pick Warwick.
green10
Thank you very much for all your replies ! Wow,it's getting harder and harder to make a decision ! I am however kind of thinking that UCL might be great because I love the course( it has Politics and IR but also Law,Geography,Economics,Anthropology and I particularly like the diversity ),in terms of World reputation I would say that it has an advantage but I really love the others Unis as well and I'm a little bit afraid of London in terms of safetiness and is it easy to make friends even if it isn't a campus Uni ? Are the societies at least a bit active? Which one has the bigest european students population? I've visited all three and I liked the atmosphere at Sheffield-relaxed and very student-friendly,the professionalism of Warwick and the international feeling of UCL ,so it's pretty hard to choose. Thanks again ,your advice is really important and useful !

As i mentioned before, i'm choosing between UCL and sheffield, and I'm leaning towards UCL atm. I really liked sheffield when i visited, quite big yet easy to get around, near the peak district and nice and hilly! For me, the course at UCL seems stronger so i'll probably choose that. In addition, you don't really need to worry about safety imo, especially as UCL's in one of the safer parts of london. Also, you can never get bored of london! For me, reputation isn't as important for my course, but I reakon it is for you.

IMO, the bottom line is, you're doing a degree based on international relations etc, therefore, I would choose the uni that is 4th best in the world (apparently), has an international reputation, and is in one of the world's most cosmopolitan cities. UCL :smile:
Reply 25
Scherzando225
As i mentioned before, i'm choosing between UCL and sheffield, and I'm leaning towards UCL atm. I really liked sheffield when i visited, quite big yet easy to get around, near the peak district and nice and hilly! For me, the course at UCL seems stronger so i'll probably choose that. In addition, you don't really need to worry about safety imo, especially as UCL's in one of the safer parts of london. Also, you can never get bored of london! For me, reputation isn't as important for my course, but I reakon it is for you.

IMO, the bottom line is, you're doing a degree based on international relations etc, therefore, I would choose the uni that is 4th best in the world (apparently), has an international reputation, and is in one of the world's most cosmopolitan cities. UCL :smile:

Well,thanks a lot,see you at UCL then !:biggrin:
green10
Well,thanks a lot,see you at UCL then !:biggrin:

hmm not sure yet, it's different for med! :smile:
Reply 27
Thanks everybody for all your advice ! I have now decided that I will firm UCL .However,between Sheffield and Warwick as an insurance I really don't know which one to choose.
green10
Thanks everybody for all your advice ! I have now decided that I will firm UCL .However,between Sheffield and Warwick as an insurance I really don't know which one to choose.

I'd probably choose the lower offer.
Reply 29
I have to give an answer in a few days and I'm sure that I will firm UCL,still not sure about the insurance . The lower offer is Sheffield.:smile:
Reply 30
How are you guys doing?Have you decided easily on a firm/insurance?
green10
How are you guys doing?Have you decided easily on a firm/insurance?

what are your offers from all 3?
Reply 32
Scherzando225
what are your offers from all 3?

Well,it's a bit complicated to explain as I'm not taking A levels. UCL has the highest offer while the difference between Warwick and Sheffield is of 0,5 points of a total of 10. Have you decided?Will you firm UCl ?:smile:
green10
Well,it's a bit complicated to explain as I'm not taking A levels. UCL has the highest offer while the difference between Warwick and Sheffield is of 0,5 points of a total of 10. Have you decided?Will you firm UCl ?:smile:

yeah i've firmed ucl already with the lowest offer as back up. Put the lowest offer as your back up if you don't wanna take a gap year and you think there's a possibility of not making the 'middle' offer. Otherwise, choose your favourite!
Reply 34
Scherzando225
yeah i've firmed ucl already with the lowest offer as back up. Put the lowest offer as your back up if you don't wanna take a gap year and you think there's a possibility of not making the 'middle' offer. Otherwise, choose your favourite!

Thanks a lot ! The lowest offer is Sheffield and thinking twice I am scared of risking with Warwick,even if the course may be better,the reputation and more international students(taugh decision).But,obviously,we'll see each other at UCl,our firm !:biggrin:
Reply 35
UCL has got more rep, but the course/program you've been accepted onto doesn't look interesting. (Why did you apply for that course?)
Reply 36
Mr. Roxas
UCL has got more rep, but the course/program you've been accepted onto doesn't look interesting. (Why did you apply for that course?)

You mean it doesn't seem interesting to you. It's obviously very interesting to the OP, since they applied for it. :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending