The Student Room Group

Help me pick a uni course!!!

I'm planning on studying Electronic and Electrical Engineering (EEE) and have offers from 4/5 unis I applied to. I current have offers from: UCL (ABB), Warwick (AAB), Manchester Uni (AAB) and Sheffield Uni (BBB) and am waiting on Cambridge. I'm preparing to be rejected from Cambridge rn but I'm torn between UCL and Warwick, both having very different courses, neither of which I necessarily prefer over the other, and similar prestige and reputation. If I choose Warwick, UCL will likely be my insurance and Sheffield insurance if I pick UCL as firm. The caveat to this is UCL don't guarantee accommodation for non firm students but other than that I really like both unis.
Any advice on which to choose would be amazing thanks 😊
I think it comes down to location have you visited the university’s yet if not wait until the applicant days then decide.
Reply 2
Original post by jonathanemptage
I think it comes down to location have you visited the university’s yet if not wait until the applicant days then decide.

I have already, I liked both of them although there was a slight preference towards Warwick mainly because it felt safer not being in London, but I'd prefer London because of the employment opportunities so I'm not sure.
Original post by Chenno8
I have already, I liked both of them although there was a slight preference towards Warwick mainly because it felt safer not being in London, but I'd prefer London because of the employment opportunities so I'm not sure.

Warwick is a fine university and does it really matter were you studied provided your grades are good you shouldn't really have too much trouble finding a job you don't have to stay in your uni city for your job after graduation do you.
Original post by Chenno8
I'm planning on studying Electronic and Electrical Engineering (EEE) and have offers from 4/5 unis I applied to. I current have offers from: UCL (ABB), Warwick (AAB), Manchester Uni (AAB) and Sheffield Uni (BBB) and am waiting on Cambridge. I'm preparing to be rejected from Cambridge rn but I'm torn between UCL and Warwick, both having very different courses, neither of which I necessarily prefer over the other, and similar prestige and reputation. If I choose Warwick, UCL will likely be my insurance and Sheffield insurance if I pick UCL as firm. The caveat to this is UCL don't guarantee accommodation for non firm students but other than that I really like both unis.
Any advice on which to choose would be amazing thanks 😊

UCL and Manchester

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending