The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Had a driving lesson earlier. It's going really well, my instructor thinks I'm nearly ready to take my test. But I need the funds to resit my theory first.
The only scary bits about dual carriageways are merging onto it at first (even though it isn't really that scary especially when it's quiet - most people will move into the right hand lane to let you on, and your instructor will guide you through it), and going at high speed for the first time :smile:
I have a double lesson this Friday to make up for that my instructor was ill last Friday and I've had tonnes of private practice with my dad so I'm preparing to both make a mess with my instructors car a bit due to not being used to it, and to have had my manuovers be a bit worse but with my normal driving miles better :smile:.
matt2k8
The only scary bits about dual carriageways are merging onto it at first (even though it isn't really that scary especially when it's quiet - most people will move into the right hand lane to let you on, and your instructor will guide you through it), and going at high speed for the first time :smile:

Had that first dual carriageway lesson earlier this afternoon and yes it was a bit scary merging onto it and also coming off it (there was quite a busy junction at the end of the sliproad)! Other than that it was quite enjoyable. :smile: Someone was driving a bit strangely at one point, though - we were in a 50 zone and they were doing about 40 so I went into the right-hand lane to overtake but then they went into the right-hand lane as well! So I went back to the left but they copied us again! My instructor said perhaps they didn't want to be overtaken or didn't know where they were going, and it seemed to be the latter as they pulled into a layby soon after.
samanthaaaa
When was the last time you sat the theory test?

A summary of the theory test:

^ Taken from 2pass.co.uk

Thanks, sounds the same as when I last did it, I thought they added in Case Studies now though? :confused:
Reply 385
Aaargh, pressure is on for my test. Everyone I know with only one or two exceptions have passed their driving tests first time this year, so I feel like there's immense pressure on me to pass as well. :frown: Nerves are getting to me for Monday now.
Reply 386
Jaytwizzle1000
Thanks, sounds the same as when I last did it, I thought they added in Case Studies now though? :confused:

They have, but this doesn't make a huge difference. It just means you have a 'story' like that you're driving to see a friend, and go along country roads *insert question here*, go past a sign *question* etc.

Had a mock test this morning, 13 minors and 3 serious :erm:
I think it should be okay for the actual test, since hopefully I'll get a sensible amount of sleep the night before, and I have another 4 hours of lessons next Thursday.
I've got my driving test tomorrow any tips or advice?
You are likely to be nevous, so don't worry about this. Just try to be confident and drive safely :bigsmile:
milan5baros
You are likely to be nevous, so don't worry about this. Just try to be confident and drive safely :bigsmile:

Thanks. This is my third attempt. For some reason I am more worried about my test tomorrow than I was when I had my very first driving test!
WannaBeAPilot
I've got my driving test tomorrow any tips or advice?

If the examiner is a female, invite her for a bit of rough and tumble.
Reply 391
Don't crash
WannaBeAPilot
Thanks. This is my third attempt. For some reason I am more worried about my test tomorrow than I was when I had my very first driving test!

That's natural. First time you have nothing to lose. If you fail third time then you might start to wonder if you're good enough to pass. Of course you still would be, but the doubt in your mind might be there.

I passed third time, and I understand the difficulties of passing this test even if you are a decent driver.

How did you fail your previous tests?
Stay calm. Panic leads to danger. :sadnod:

Good luck.
Reply 394
Try to imagine that its your instructor sitting next to you, not a driving examiner.I"ve failed my practical test twice, so I can imagine how you are feeling right now.

Good Luck and let us know how you get on :smile:
milan5baros
That's natural. First time you have nothing to lose. If you fail third time then you might start to wonder if you're good enough to pass. Of course you still would be, but the doubt in your mind might be there.

I passed third time, and I understand the difficulties of passing this test even if you are a decent driver.

How did you fail your previous tests?

On my first test I hesitated a bit too much. I did everything else perfectly and the examiner said "Your driving was very good, you have a excellent chance of passing second time!". On my second attempt I changed lanes on a roundabout causing another driver to slow down although he was going well over the speed limit.

Thanks for the help once again.
WannaBeAPilot
On my first test I hesitated a bit too much. I did everything else perfectly and the examiner said "Your driving was very good, you have a excellent chance of passing second time!". On my second attempt I changed lanes on a roundabout causing another driver to slow down although he was going well over the speed limit.

Thanks for the help once again.

Sounds like minor faults. Should pass tomorrow then, providing you stay focussed. :rolleyes:
Crazy Paving
Stay calm. Panic leads to danger. :sadnod:

Good luck.

Thanks for the well wishes. Last time my leg started shaking uncontrollably which was very embarrassing and made it very difficult to control the clutch haha!
Annie72
Try to imagine that its your instructor sitting next to you, not a driving examiner.I"ve failed my practical test twice, so I can imagine how you are feeling right now.

Good Luck and let us know how you get on :smile:

Yeah thanks for the advice, i'll remember that! Do you think its better for me to have my instructor to sit in on the test?

I'll let you know how I get on.
confidence is key! hopefully ill pass 3rd time too!

Latest

Trending

Trending