The Student Room Group

How will Exam Board work out my grade in this subject?

In Summer 2004 I did S1, M1 and P1 for maths.

In January 2005 I did C1 and C2 for maths.

In Summer 2005 I did C3, C4 and M1 (resit) for maths.

So I have 8 maths modules when Im only graded on 6 of these, so how will the exam board pick the modules to make up the 6 for my final grade?

Will they just take the 6 highest graded maths papers or how else will they work it out?

Im confused... thanks any help appreciated :smile:
They will use your four core modules C1-C4 (these replaced the old 'pure' syllabus so your P1 will not be taken into account), and your two applied units, S1 and your best M1. It's also explained on their site http://www.edexcel.org.uk/quals/gce/maths/adv04/puremaths/
Hope this helps :smile: Katie
I think...They'll consider C1-C4, S1 and M1(the better grade)...I don't think they'll consider P1...
Reply 3
Ok thanks :smile:
Reply 4
no....
its c1 to c4 and s1 and m1...all count...
6 modules
Reply 5
Econ4m1t
no....
its c1 to c4 and s1 and m1...all count...
6 modules

like i said... C1, C2, C3, C4, M1, M1 (resit), S1, P1

Thats EIGHT as I will have two seperate grades for M1 as I took the exam twice...

Then as the two other peeps sed I will have SIX to finish
Ok to clarify you have six modules which make up your A level Maths grades
C1 C2 C3 and C4 all count towards this. Your grade in P1 as you did not follow on the old course of pure maths but switched to Core counts for nothing.

Your next and final two units are from your applied elements in your case M1 and S1.

If you have retaken any of C1 C2 M1 or S1 then it is the best mark you scored in each unit that goes forward eg. If you scored say 65% in M1 and retook it and got 75% the 75% in M1 will go forward and the 65% will not count towards your grade only the 75%.

So to clear up you need a mark for each of C1 C2 C3 and C4 aswell as your two modules M1 and S1. The best mark you get in an individual module goes forward, not any combination of 6 highest percentages.

God damn thats a long winded way to explain it. Hope you get it now
Reply 7
Thanks Spikerocker :smile: i understand

Latest