The Student Room Group

Post pictures of your dorm room!

Scroll to see replies

notanotherusername!
hey, by any chance is that in aberdeen?

yup, RGU halls, woolmanhill standard room. There's a lot of variance between different flats though, this is the nicest by far that I've had :smile:
Any Portsmouth Ones; trafalgar preferably plesasee.
lekky
Haha I was actually wondering this, but I know that I'll be taking just as much stuff. Fortunately my mum is going to drive me but I was trying to work out just how many suitcases I will be taking... a lot :eek:
1 for shoes, 1 for clothes, 1 for make up, 1 for electricals.. :rolleyes:

Do people take their stuff in suitcases or is there a clever option I am unware of? Because negative of suitcases is that you'd have to store them somewhere, and if you can't get them under the bed, that would suck. Boxes/bags I guess.

Ok at least I'm not the only one wondering about this... :biggrin: I'm from Germany and I have to take the train or a plane (probably the train I think I can take more suitcases on the train :s-smilie:) so that makes it even worse. When I spent a year abroad in the US I came back with three suitcases and had to send stuff via mail, too. But I can't really afford to do that every year... :eek:
(The good thing is that I do have three big suitcases now... :biggrin: If they don't fit under the bed they will go on top of something (wardrobe))
Danielle89
yup, RGU halls, woolmanhill standard room. There's a lot of variance between different flats though, this is the nicest by far that I've had :smile:

looks like a ******* prison cell with all those breeze blocks :|
Reply 344
tkwan196
anybody got a desktop pc in their room? i wanna see if its too bulky

Some pictures of a desktop in uni halls room for you! I've only wished I had a laptop once or twice, besides a 23" monitor is just right for here. And yes I am watching Wallace and Gromit there!
Lol at all the criticism of the breeze blocks - when you're here and got your stuff in its really not that bad. And to be honest Im living here so I can afford to live somewhere nicer sooner when I graduate and leave uni - we have all our lives to live somewhere luxurious surely?

I love student halls :smile:
Reply 346
sofee
yeah it is, i've actually found it one of the nicer halls (if you ignore kens all up the wall after a night out) which is saying something
it's rediculously noisey though

Did you expect little else in city centre halls? I have friends in James Watson who say it is fantastic.
Reply 347
keele anyone?
Danielle89

:biggrin: yay that's where I hope to be looks quite cool! I saw a room on the first floor when I was at the open day and it was alright too. I take it they don't really mind if you put posters on the wall? We weren't told much about it at the open day :/
barrze
Twas Leeds Met Kirkstall Brewery. Amazing room, I miss it but it was just a little bit too big.

i could swear that i have stayed in that very room when i went on a residential there!
weird....:cool:
la_mariposa
Ok at least I'm not the only one wondering about this... :biggrin: I'm from Germany and I have to take the train or a plane (probably the train I think I can take more suitcases on the train :s-smilie:) so that makes it even worse. When I spent a year abroad in the US I came back with three suitcases and had to send stuff via mail, too. But I can't really afford to do that every year...
(The good thing is that I do have three big suitcases now... :biggrin: If they don't fit under the bed they will go on top of something (wardrobe))

What about temporary storage? Take the bare essentials home in one case - leave the rest in temporary storage over Easter/Summer etc. wouldn't be very expensive. Or befriend somebody who would be nice enough to stick your stuff in their loft over summer :P
dhr90
Some pictures of a desktop in uni halls room for you! I've only wished I had a laptop once or twice, besides a 23" monitor is just right for here. And yes I am watching Wallace and Gromit there!

thanks! looks like its not too bulky to get a desktop in then seeing as your room isnt that big and it fits in fine. Yea I've heard people say their laptops just turn into desktops anyway so i'm just gonna bring my desktop and i'll have my netbook if i need it elsewhere. i don't think i'll be able to bring both my 24" monitors tho :frown: guess i'll just have to leave one at home then...
kivper
Has anyone got any pics of Elms Village, Queen's University Belfast?

Hoping to go there in September.

Seconded! Come on guys :p:
DiamondsAreForever
This is LJMU :smile:

and i spy the Carnage T-shirt on top of the TV =] Messy times =]
I actually went through the whole of this thread. Rep for you OP...!
siddy_1990

Rep for Darren Shan <3
TheSownRose
Ooh, ooh, I get to join the club! :woo: Born in Leytonstone and lived in Walthamstow until the family moved to Cambridge. You can take the girl out of London, but you can never take the Os out of the girl!

Lol love it!:woo: There's actually an orient diaspora! Glad to hear it never leaves you (being an O and all!)
anything from Old Fire Station in Aberdeen would be great, as thats were i shall be going :smile:
Reply 358
tkwan196
thanks! looks like its not too bulky to get a desktop in then seeing as your room isnt that big and it fits in fine. Yea I've heard people say their laptops just turn into desktops anyway so i'm just gonna bring my desktop and i'll have my netbook if i need it elsewhere. i don't think i'll be able to bring both my 24" monitors tho :frown: guess i'll just have to leave one at home then...

Most of my flat mates leave their laptops in their rooms. I have vaguely considered bringing my other 23" monitor down, but it wouldn't really fit and isn't neccessary really. But it depends if you feel you need it and how big your desk is too.

My halls is by far the worst in the accomodation. Though we do have a better kitchen than some, but we have so little storage space it's silly.

Our net also disappears when its misty, highly useful! Though a fibre optic connection is being installed, doubtless just in time for us to move out...
Gonna subscribe to this thread even though someone's already posted photos of the halls I'll hopefully be living in. I just like looking at people's rooms! It's inspiring me to go to Habitat soon and buy a whole load of stuff to make my room feel homely come September.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending