The Student Room Group
Reply 1
It'll go ming ding. Go to a salon and have it done properly.

I'm going on holiday next tuesday and have my Toni+Guy appoitment 10 am this saturday for highlights and a cut.
Reply 2
I'm a bit poor at the moment and last time I had highlights it looked awful! I looked as thought I had gone grey and had to go and get it re-dyed. How much are T+G?
Reply 3
ive never noticed any problems.. Just make sure you do it about 2 weeks before you go on hols, so the clorine doesnt react with the remains of the hair dye. If it cant be helped tomato sauce is supose to work, but ive never tried that.
Reply 4
Right I may just wait until i get home then. I'm just sick of my horrible mousey brown colour that almost looks grey.
Reply 5
Glory
ive never noticed any problems.. Just make sure you do it about 2 weeks before you go on hols, so the clorine doesnt react with the remains of the hair dye.

Agreed :smile:
Reply 6
clairey87
I'm going on holiday in a couple of weeks but I want to dye my hair. Will a 6 week hair dye be ok in the sunshine and pool or will it go funny?

Nope. Newly dyed hair colour will fade in the sun, unless you use some kind of protective spray with a uv shield.
Reply 7
renarr
Nope. Newly dyed hair colour will fade in the sun, unless you use some kind of protective spray with a uv shield.

Boots sun and sand shampoo and condition, helps protect hair whether its colour or not. Most hair fades in the sun, its just more noticeable with dyed.
Reply 8
It's not really recommended to dye hair before holidays - it'll fade in the sun and the pool chlorine really won't be good for it. Wait until after. You might actually like the results the sun gives you naturally - like highlights. I have brownish-blonde hair, a bit difficult to describe, but on hols, I get highlights so it's a light brown with lots of blonde streaks.
Don't.I dyed my hair black with shimmery purple just before I went on holiday and it went ginger-tinged in the sun.Rah.

Latest