The Student Room Group

How to get 7 in Business Management Higher Level IB Diploma

Hi all, I've been searching everywhere for a thread that discuss on the strategy on how to get 7 in Business Management Higher Level IB diploma course but it seems that I couldn't find it. Before I start, I just want to say thank you for those who took the time to post on this thread.
So to begin with.. I just wanna ask all of you (especially those who got 7 on Business Management Higher level either it's prediction grade or final grade) to share some tips on how you could achieve a 7 in BM HL?
(a bit info about me: I got 6 on BM (business management) HL for my semester 1 grade as well as prediction grade and I'll be facing my exam this May)
Thanks and I'm waiting for your reply :smile:

Oh yeah.. one more thing, please post things/sites that you find useful for revision. (Thanks :smile: )
Reply 1
The key according to my experienced IB business teacher is to get as close to full marks as possible on your IA. It's worth 25% of your overall grade. Paper 1 is then weighted at 40%, you can do really well at this if you prepare by getting the case study as soon as possible and start developing your business strategy.
Thank you for your reply :biggrin:.
Yeah... luckily I scored really high on my IA and I really hope it will help my score in the end :biggrin:
However, do you have any suggestion on how to prepare for the test effectively?
(as for me, in the present time I have been keep preparing for the test through doing the past exam papers, am i in the right track?)
Reply 3
I think doing past year exam papers, constantly reviewing the theories and everything definitely help. Having a good IA mark would definitely improve the chance of getting a 7, congrats :biggrin:. Actually I've just started the course, so I'm gonna need your help next year on how to get a 7 on B&M :P :biggrin:
Reply 4
Hello all, I am graduating in 2016 and I'm taking business HL as an IB subject but I'm worried about how to get a 7 since it's quite difficult! So I would really appreciate it if you would give me advice and tips and notes from your qualified teachers and reply asap :smile: Thankyou
Reply 5
Hi all, I am a business and management HL student and I really want to get a 7, despite what you mentioned in the comments above, what other things you advice me to do? And what shall I do with my internal assessment if my teacher doesn't mark it in the correct way :s-smilie: he thinks that everything I do is correct

Please help me
IB Business Management Paper 1 Case Study Resource pack
Agreeing with eveyone above, I also want to add that you really need to read, read, and then read some more. I don't mean books or any IB course material, no. I'm talking about news, researching businesses or even watching shows as basic as shark tank can help you bring up great examples to back up your high mark questions in your exams.

What really helped me was my interest in cars, as a petrolhead, I stayed up to date with most of the car industry and how environmental concerns and external factors impacted the companies within. Doing this in my free time and connecting it to my business studies really helped me get that 7 in the IB exams.

My tip: Find your passion, research into it and connect it all to your business studies.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending