The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL or Leeds for chemical engineering?

Poll

Which of these universities should I choose for chemical engineering?

Help me decide!

I'm an international student. I've got offers from UCL and University of Leeds for chemical engineering.

I only visited London once when I was a kid so I don't really know what it's like to live there but it seems fun. I have been wanting to move to a really big city like London for a long time but I don't know if I will like it or not. I find my city boring and I think it is slightly bigger than Leeds, although I don't trust statistics of population so I'm not sure about that one. But Leeds might be more fun than my city.

A lot of people say UCL isn't great for engineering.

It seems like quite a lot of teachers at the chemical engineering department of UCL are from outside the UK. I don't know what it's like at Leeds. As I'm a non-native speaker of English it might be beneficial for my English skills to have native speakers of English as my teachers. Just a thought... Also if there is a very high percentage of international students in my class I might not improve my English skills as much as if there are many native speakers. On the other hand I like to have people from different backgrounds in my class so too few international students wouldn't be good either.

Does anyone know anything about chemical engineering at UCL compared to at Leeds? Like how are the facilities, the reputation, the atmosphere, job prospects, anything...

Also if anyone has lived in London or Leeds and could tell me what it's like that would be great.
Reply 1
UCL. in the end its not gonna be the degree but the place you got it from.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Latest

Trending

Trending