PM for email or msn

:smile:
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 41
irisng
Hmmm Frances made a good point there may be lectures over lunch! - why on earth would they put a lecture over lunch though!? But she's a student so I'll trust her on this.

Because they're evil and want you to have to get up early to get a packed lunch even though you don't have a lecture till 12. :mad:

Seriously last semester the philosophy department organised two lectures on a tuesday, one at 12 and one at 1, meaning you missed the whole of the lunch hour! I mean surely they must know that a lot of people would take both?! :mad:
Reply 42
Frances
Because they're evil and want you to have to get up early to get a packed lunch even though you don't have a lecture till 12. :mad:

Seriously last semester the philosophy department organised two lectures on a tuesday, one at 12 and one at 1, meaning you missed the whole of the lunch hour! I mean surely they must know that a lot of people would take both?! :mad:

:eek: that sounds terrible!!! At 12 and 1!? - what, the lecturers just asking to work during their break!? Don't make the students suffer!!

Lol! Anyway... (just mistyped and wrote Nay instead...) well, NAY! :biggrin: Frances do you know how long does it take to walk from Derby to say QMC and the Science dept in general? And how many minutes does it take to walk to the city centre? Are they gonna give out loads of maps (of campus, uni, town centre etc, bus timetables) at Fresher's Week and should I provide my own? I feel scared if I'm not armed with a map!
Reply 43
irisng
:eek: that sounds terrible!!! At 12 and 1!? - what, the lecturers just asking to work during their break!? Don't make the students suffer!!

Lol! Anyway... (just mistyped and wrote Nay instead...) well, NAY! :biggrin: Frances do you know how long does it take to walk from Derby to say QMC and the Science dept in general? And how many minutes does it take to walk to the city centre? Are they gonna give out loads of maps (of campus, uni, town centre etc, bus timetables) at Fresher's Week and should I provide my own? I feel scared if I'm not armed with a map!

Hmm, I think it took me 10-15 minutes to walk from cripps to the qmc (had philosophy lectures there the first semester), add maybe abother 5-10 minutes on from derby, depending on how fast you walk. General science area only took me 5 minutes I think.

Probably better getting a bus to the city centre, there's a bus stop near the north entrance (close to the qmc) and one near lenton hall, I think it costs about 1.20 each way. I only actually walked it once, probably took me 45 minutes to an hour.

Don't think I got a map actually, there should be one on the net though, and there's bus timetables in the portland building.
Reply 44
irisng
Frances do you know how long does it take to walk from Derby to say QMC and the Science dept in general? And how many minutes does it take to walk to the city centre? Are they gonna give out loads of maps (of campus, uni, town centre etc, bus timetables) at Fresher's Week and should I provide my own? I feel scared if I'm not armed with a map!

Don´t worry, just ask either the SU or the admission office and they´ll provide you with all sorts of arms. From Derby to QMC/science depts? Approximately 10mins walking distance.

When I visited the uni I had the rather peculiar idea to walk to the city centre (to be honest, I prefered spending the 1.20£ on sandwiches than on bus tickets...). Don´t do it! It takes about one hour and the outskirts of Nottingham are not exactly pretty.

Ian
Reply 45
finnstar
cultural attire? whoaaa thats supercool..
ill have to go shopping tommorow and get a formal jippa or two..
i always go for formal nights with a tux wif a silver tie.. but nowadays everyone's goin to be doin tht hehe..

all my efforts are focused on finishing up my involvment wif the editorial board of my ex-college.. so i havent had time to read up for what were supposed to do when we get there yet.. have they set an exact date for the international night? will you be at the free airport pickup at heathrow on the 20th?

I don't know yet if I will go the coach pick up thing at heathrow. you see, I am going with my parents and were thinking of spending a little time in spain or maybe paris beafore taking a direct flight to notts. but I will definitly make it the 20th to the unversity for the start of the program. you guys seems to spell it programme, intresting. anyway, i do not know when international night is but it sounds fun... cultures yay! the program as a whole sounds great. meeting faculty, shopping, going around the city, what more could we ask for. :smile:
Reply 46
since we are giving away msn adresses
deleted
Reply 47
my msn:

francespowrie (at) hotmail.com
Reply 48
Oooh thanx Frances and Ian! :biggrin: I'll probably arm myself with maps before I get there... hopefully anyway - no doubt my dad will tell me there's no need get it when you get there! lol! - Ok so from Derby to Science depts is about 10min and to QMC about 20min - that sounds ok :smile:

A 45min walk to town city... hmm what route did you take Ian? Surely there're other routes to the city centre? I dunno I feel I shouldn't waste £1.20 on bus tickets when I can walk. My sister wouldn't take the bus and would rather walk 45min just to save £1 :eek: but then again she buys lots of dvds :rolleyes:

I've added everyone's msn that's been posted here! :smile: (Frances you posted it a minute too late, JUST after I'd quitted my Excel file!! :redface: where I save all my addys and numbers you see, in case the hotmail address book ever crashes or my account shuts down!)
Reply 49
irisng
Oooh thanx Frances and Ian! :biggrin: I'll probably arm myself with maps before I get there... hopefully anyway - no doubt my dad will tell me there's no need get it when you get there! lol! - Ok so from Derby to Science depts is about 10min and to QMC about 20min - that sounds ok :smile:

A 45min walk to town city... hmm what route did you take Ian? Surely there're other routes to the city centre? I dunno I feel I shouldn't waste £1.20 on bus tickets when I can walk. My sister wouldn't take the bus and would rather walk 45min just to save £1 :eek: but then again she buys lots of dvds :rolleyes:

If you were lazy, you´d take the bus (it´s free!) to QMC, I´m not absolutely sure, but I think there is a bus stop close to Derby Hall.

There´re other routes than the one I took (can´t recall it exactly), but I seriously doubt they´re more "attractive". You really should consider to buy (or steal) a bike and learn how to ride it properly, if you didn´t want to waste the £1.20. Btw, there´s a Sainsbury´s in Beeston, about 15min walking distance from Derby Hall.

Ian, already armed with loads of maps :smile:
There should be no teaching on Wednesday afternoons - it's reserved for sport and other activities :biggrin:!

deleted on MSN if anyone wants to add me :smile:
Reply 51
I've created a map (here)

I've highlighted some areas:

Green - University Park
Orange - QMC
Light Blue - Broadgate
Dark Blue - Jubilee (well round there somewhere)
Yellow - Lenton - where the majority of 2nd and 3rd years live
Purple - City centre
Red - Avoid at all costs, especially at night, if you value your life/possessions/legs

Also I've marked the route from Derby to the QMC (dark blue line), and two possible routes from Derby to the city centre (green lines), just so you can compare distances.
Reply 52
Hey guys i wouldnt worru about lectures over lunch on 1st oct seeing as its a sat!! lol tho if we move it, i managed to find a copy of my timetable so wouldnt be free on the mon over lunch...yes i do have a nasty lecture over lunch grrr :frown: lol

Iris seems like your doing a fab job getting all organised - clearly gonna have to find you on the 1st day and work out what the hell im doing!!

If ne1 is interested in seeing their timetables :eek: this is the website:
http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/timetable/index.html
Reply 53
hehe yeh Terri we can meet up on the 25th if we both find time! :biggrin: What do you look like? I don't remember - or have you never posted a pic?

I don't understand my timetable!! :frown: I went for the course timetable - so do I go to everything written on it? And where are all those things held...? (probably should look at that location link in the timetable link shouldn't I lol) But going by the look of things I have lunch time lectures too, Monday and Thursday :frown:

But Saturday and Sunday I have no lectures whatsoever :biggrin: so yeh, Sat is good for me to meeting up!

Alex thanx for the map - think I'll need to get myself a paper copy though! lol

Sooooo, so far I have these people's numbers: Terri, Rachel, Katie, Rai, Helen, Ken, Charli, Izzy and Ben

Anyone else who wish to give me their numbers so I can email them round all at once feel free to PM me their numbers! :smile:

What's Ollie's msn/email addy? :confused:

Oooh Ian - free buses to QMC? Oooh I'll take those instead then! :biggrin: Are you on about hopper buses or something? Hmmmm yeh I'm considering brushing up my cycling skills... the map Alex put up shows that toen centre really IS a long way away! :eek: :frown: meh!
Wow I feel left out, lol.
My MSN is deleted and my email is deleted if it's not too late?! :P
Reply 55
my email is deleted

yes, i thought i was cool when i was 11... :redface:
Umm... when is lunch? :eek:
I have lectures 12-1 EVERY day :mad:
Reply 57
me katie..? or another katie?

my email's deleted anyway :cool:
Reply 58
No, of course it's not too late! You guys must come to the meet up toooooo! :biggrin:

Can I have your mobile numbers for contacts etc and organising times for meet up etc? I'm gonna be emailing it round to the Notts subforum people unless specifically told otherwise :smile:
Reply 59
bwgames
Umm... when is lunch? :eek:
I have lectures 12-1 EVERY day :mad:

12.30 till 1.30. At least you won't have to queue! :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending