The Student Room Group
Lord Ashcroft Building, Anglia Ruskin University
Anglia Ruskin University
Chelmsford
Visit website

Anglia Ruskin Chelmsford black and muslims

Any black/Muslim girls applying for Anglia Ruskin 2023? I want to make sure I have friends from the same backgrounds as I am a black Muslim 18F
Reply 1
What makes you think people just applying will be your friends? you don't know if even those currently applying will end up at Anglia Ruskin.
What you need to do is visit the university. Have you been to an open day? Have a look at demographic data of the uni, how ethnically diverse is it currently?? contact the head of diversity of the uni by email (should be on the uni website somewhere) and ask about their diversity. That's what will tell you whether you are likely to meet people from the same background as you.
Lord Ashcroft Building, Anglia Ruskin University
Anglia Ruskin University
Chelmsford
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Makro
What makes you think people just applying will be your friends? you don't know if even those currently applying will end up at Anglia Ruskin.
What you need to do is visit the university. Have you been to an open day? Have a look at demographic data of the uni, how ethnically diverse is it currently?? contact the head of diversity of the uni by email (should be on the uni website somewhere) and ask about their diversity. That's what will tell you whether you are likely to meet people from the same background as you.

“What makes you think people just applying will be your friends?” Honestly no need to be condescending, I asked a question to help me find others in the same situation as me, which I’m allowed to. People on tsr are so rude for no reason. “What you need to do is visit the university” who told u I hadn’t gone to a uni open day?? Because I have and I was told by someone else on tsr that a open day won’t reflect the demographic of pupils 😒😒
Reply 3
Sorry you feel it was condescending, it was an expression of surprise. I also went on to explain why you wouldn't get a clear picture of how diverse the university will be by looking for people applying and ASKED if you had been to an open day?? It's good you've visited the university, if you feel the open day does not reflect the demographics why not visit on a normal day or check the demographic stats that I also suggested? Of course you could also ask people on TSR who are already there, how ethnically diverse the university is?. This will all give you a much better idea than your initial question.
(edited 11 months ago)
I'm not black/muslim myself but i've been at ARU chelmsford for a year already and will be starting a new course from first year in september again. I've found its pretty diverse though, ive met so many people of different backgrounds so i think you'll deffo find friends with a similar background to you!

Original post by Anonymous
Any black/Muslim girls applying for Anglia Ruskin 2023? I want to make sure I have friends from the same backgrounds as I am a black Muslim 18F
Reply 5
Original post by sadiebourne03
I'm not black/muslim myself but i've been at ARU chelmsford for a year already and will be starting a new course from first year in september again. I've found its pretty diverse though, ive met so many people of different backgrounds so i think you'll deffo find friends with a similar background to you!

Thank u!
Heyy are u part of any gcs?
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
Heyy are u part of any gcs?

Only a midwifery gc, are u a Muslim or black too or r u asking for general aru gc?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending