The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I haven't stolen since I was 10.... Reading this thread has put me in the mood, I'm a little short of money so might try in a shop without CCTV or detectors at the door.
Reply 61
thats what my local tescos is for
Reply 62
MagicNMedicine
Why do girls think its acceptable to steal mugs from Starbucks etc?

Surely having one of those mugs just shows everybody all the time while you're drinking from it that you're a thief.

If you took one of your friends round to your parents house for tea and you found out that they'd stolen one of your Mum's mugs, wouldn't you find it a bit disappointing?

The issue is that you'll never know whether it was stolen or not (unless they specifically tell you) since they do sell their mugs.
MagicNMedicine
Lets be honest you're not doing it out of some Robin Hood act of redistribution away from the multinational corporations though are you. It's the spoilt middle class girl attitude of

"see something I want....am entitled to.....must take.....it's not really stealing cos I'm a girl"

Thats why I stole stuff in my early teens pretty much, because I wanted to have nice makeup etc like my friends and I didn't have any money to buy it. I imagine its the same with all of the overgrown adolescents on here.
Reply 64
I once accidentally stole an umbrella. Just walked out the shop and walked quite a way when I realised I was still holding it without paying for it.

I am liking this toilet roll stealing idea though. Toilet roll is a waste of money.
Anyone that does that is scum, student or not (but espeically student)
Reply 66
MagicNMedicine
Why do girls think its acceptable to steal mugs from Starbucks etc?

Surely having one of those mugs just shows everybody all the time while you're drinking from it that you're a thief.

If you took one of your friends round to your parents house for tea and you found out that they'd stolen one of your Mum's mugs, wouldn't you find it a bit disappointing?

Do you know how much coffee costs in Starbucks? You're basically buying the mug anyway.
Reply 67
once accidentally didnt pay for some sausages in tesco self service checkout... wondered why my dinner worked out so cheap untill i check the receipt! >.<
Only pint glasses. One night I was dressed as a burglar so I had to play the part and fill my swag bag, really. Our flat does look better with all the stuff people have brought back from nights out - my personal favourite is a 'Only food purchased on the premises may be consumed' sign from a pub which is now on our kitchen door. Our 'No dogs' sign from the same pub got stolen from us, which is fair enough I suppose.
Tipsy101
Toilet roll is a waste of money.

No, no i would say toilet roll is really quite important.:rolleyes:
Reply 70
JW92
Do you know how much coffee costs in Starbucks? You're basically buying the mug anyway.

Then don't go to Starbucks, it's not effing rocket science, is it?
Reply 71
lilibeth
Then don't go to Starbucks, it's not effing rocket science, is it?

I was just making the point that if you go to Starbucks enough, they will have made so much profit from you that you're practically entitled to a mug. Effing heck.
The only thing I "steal" is printer paper from the uni library. I don't feel remotely guilty, UCL seem to have an unlimited paper supply and I'm paying them enough in tuition fees. Printer paper is expensive!!
Reply 73
jaydoh
Anyone that does that is scum, student or not (but espeically student)

relax
Reply 74
I was buying lunch at the Uni canteen and helped myself to the sachets of Ketchup thinking they were free. Next day I asked for ketchup and she demanded 20p per sachet !
I stole and am probably going to burn in hell for eternity then again 20p ! who are the real thieves here.
kati6
I have a mug from Starbucks too that i took :p: :o:

When I went to Scotland abut 5 years ago, we were at one of the wildlife reserves and had coffee (4 of us). Slipped all the empty mugs into our bags, and made out that we'd got it from the gift shop, albeit the coffee stains.

Latest

Trending

Trending