The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Edmonton (aka Shank Town) and Tottenham.
Reply 81
Brixton and Hackney!!
Dunno, I don't live in London.
There are some real wimps coming out in this thread.
I live and work in 3 of the areas that are coming out in this thread, and the views being shared are laughable. People being scared while driving through Brixton. Come on.
Reply 84
Why is Barnet even being dicussed nonesense its just your average leafy suburb nothing ever happens here its Quiet residential area its only a minority who try to act like there hard i pity them looooooooool.

Dodgy areas i wouldnt dare go to are Harlesden, some parts of Hackney, Peckham, etc
Reply 85
vnupe
I guess it really shouldn't amaze me at how some so young can be so insensitive and completely racist... Considering I am black and I lived in Sutton, and I have never stabbed anyone, I am sure there are some really terrible white council estates all around the country, so your venom shouldn't be directed at one ethnic group..

cry me a river
Kilburn
Haft_Hasht_Shish
Probably some council estate in Tottenham. I'm surprised many people are saying Brixton, it isn't that bad.

I think it's just how comfortable people feel in these areas. :yep:

I don't find Brixton that bad. But I went to Southall last week and I felt so uncomfortable. I thought I was in New Delhi or something. :afraid:

But it was exciting at the same time. Living on the edge is what life is all about. :yep:

flowermaster91
Kilburn

Killburn :gah:
Reply 88
Number 10.
Mastermind`
I think it's just how comfortable people feel in these areas. :yep:

I don't find Brixton that bad. But I went to Southall last week and I felt so uncomfortable. I thought I was in New Delhi or something. :afraid:

But it was exciting at the same time. Living on the edge is what life is all about. :yep:

Brappp!! :cool:
Also apprantly Hackney isnt even that bad as people make out :confused:
Reply 91
Jack Wills sales or opening days. Those rahs can get aggressive if they don't have this seasons body warmer that makes them look like a fat farmer.
This thread is made everyday, and is just full of tsr nerds repping their ends. I'm going to go with Soho on this one as you're more likely to catch aids there than anywhere else in London. Over and out.
Reply 93
insanetothebrain
This thread is made everyday, and is just full of tsr nerds repping their ends. I'm going to go with Soho on this one as you're more likely to catch aids there than anywhere else in London. Over and out.

I thought YMCA would have more AIDS?
Reply 94
Why Brixton, I've walked aorund lots of places in London including Brixton at all sorts of ridiculous (and normal) times and nothing has ever happened to me! As long as you.. keep your wits about you you're fine, looll.
SE London.
Reply 96
I got hassled to buy weed in Leicester Sq and I just told the guy I used to grow. Oddly enough he became my best mate for the day.
Just depends how you handle things really.

Edit -

Mastermind`
But I went to Southall last week and I felt so uncomfortable. I thought I was in New Delhi or something. :afraid:

Try growing up there! My hometown of Hayes and Ealing straddles that place and my Nan lived in Southall during the riots, and guys nicked bricks from her garden wall to lob at the cops! :biggrin:
Aside from that, "saahfhaal" has the most secure prison in the UK as the district is full of gold and gun runners, drug labs and heroin dens.

However, wandering round there at the age of 6 and getting free food from the shop and stall owners you are friends with is pretty good. Just don't be a knob.
The only place that has remotely made me feel slightly uncomfortable is Ladbroke Grove. KiDULTHOOD was filmed in a part of it, and the characters do exist. Having a girl clad in trackies and burberry shout at you and go "WOT R YOO LOOKIN AT INNIT?" makes me want to change carriage.

But as I said - just be chill. I've had worse times in Amsterdam and places outside the UK.
Reply 97
harrow
opposite the civic centre. :ninja:
It's one of the most dangerous places in London because of the several acid attacks, robberies and stabbings.
Westminster has the highest violent crime levels in London by a wide margin.

The people saying how scared they are of places like Brixton and Hackney are behind the times, both are gentrified now and have lower crime rates than outer suburban areas like Croydon and Newham.

Latest