The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Jump
Aren't you a bit obsessed / a bunch of geeks?

No. we aren't. we're reasonable normal, we dont all wear glasses, have spots and go round going "errrrr" all the time.
Taking the time to set this up was a big thing, but its just cos we like doing something and want to do it with as many people as possible, geddit.

:p:

I didn't say you were a bit obsessed. Nor did I say you were a bunch of geeks. I accept that the members of ISSSoc may be reasonably normal, clean-skinned, (mostly) literate people with 20-20 vision. I also accept that starting up and running a university society, to share what you enjoy with as many people as possible, is a 'big thing' and very time consuming, (having done it myself). So yes, I do 'geddit'.

However, I still maintain that a university society devoted soley to a football computer game is the lamest, saddest, most nerdy thing I've read about today.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
geez, you lot talk alot in a week!

Im back from my hols :smile: Hey to all new Notts TSR peeps:smile: no more willoughby people though..... :frown:

Bah!
Reply 382
Acidedge
There's a University of Nottingham society devoted to a football computer game? Well, that's easily the lamest, saddest, most nerdy thing I've read today.

Still, live and let live.

agreed. I find the football play station games so boring and senseless......I have to endure them couse all my male cousins love them.
playstaion sucks I cant get past like level 4 in any games.

Chemistry 2005 -sherwood hall
i rarely play a playstation.. but gimme a computer game to tango wif and ill show you how i do the winning dance..

video games are fun and all, but i wouldnt want to get too obsessed, though i often do..
Jump
Have you seen the pro evo society?

http://www.isssoc.co.uk/

OMG OMG OMG OMG OJMOMG OMGOGMGOMGOMG!!!!!!!!

So cool!! Ill be joining that then!

I aint a geek either, i just like that game as im a footie fan
Reply 386
finnstar
see - typically iris! :p:

rachel! werent you a science student who switched to arts? your school didnt teach chemistry!?

Lol what's so typically me? :p: I tend to go a little overboard with money when it comes to buying presents for good friends though :biggrin: I still haven't decided whether to buy my friend this game I saw that she'll like - Twister Moves - not sure if it's the best game anyway when she's off to Brum in about a week! And it's £20.

I've long admitted my defeat with Chem! - I'll always be better at Biology!

Phil - ahhh no, I'll beat you first :evil: I got a good memory too so I'm good for platform games :biggrin: not so much fun though when after something like 4 years you still remember every detail of every level and there're over 40 levels :frown:
twister moves is rubbish, dont buy it!
i know! I've just logged on and there are sooooo many new posts!!! Had a good week everyone? I was in the camargue - www.camargue.fr, working for the week with 9th graders. It rained CONSTANTLY. We were flooded in and everything! like 12 times the normal amount of rain for this time of the year!!!
exmoorkatie
twister moves is rubbish, dont buy it!

we have it to its a big pile of cak!
It isn't very fun... but that might be because I kept losing :smile:
Reply 391
Twister Moves looked good - is it reeally that bad? :eek:

Hmmm good thing I haven't bought it then! Btw is anyone bringing any games to uni? If so, what games? I can't think of anything other than a pack of cards! Although, mind you, I love cards. You should all learn how to play 2's High :biggrin: It's a tactical card game that's a lot of fun! Oooh and I'll have to teach anyone who plays these rules I learnt from poo-head :biggrin: My friend invented some of her own rules, and it made the game so much more fun!
Reply 392
Name: bb08
Course: Maths
Hall: Broadgate
Reply 393
I'll Play card games with you Iris! I love card games :smile:
i love playing cheat!!! im not very good at it... but still!
Reply 395
Oooh yay we gotta play lots of card games :biggrin: Cheat - oh it was the most hilarious ever. Me and my friend were the first 2 to win out of 4 people, and the remaining 2 were both younger than us so we each helped one girl to try and win. Now, the girl I was helping was originally next in line to win. Then I came along and helped...

And the girl ended up with the entire pack of cards in her hands :biggrin: Much help I was eh? :rofl: :biggrin:
irisng
Oooh yay we gotta play lots of card games :biggrin: Cheat - oh it was the most hilarious ever. Me and my friend were the first 2 to win out of 4 people, and the remaining 2 were both younger than us so we each helped one girl to try and win. Now, the girl I was helping was originally next in line to win. Then I came along and helped...

And the girl ended up with the entire pack of cards in her hands :biggrin: Much help I was eh? :rofl: :biggrin:

Is that the game where you put down x amount of cards and claim them to be like a pair of fours etc. and if they think your lying and your not they pick up all cards on the pile and if you are then you pick up all the cards? I play that except we call it bull **** here.

Good tip in that game is to put say a pair down but with another card together aka 3 cards with the other one on the bottom calling the pair. This way even if they do call they will have to pick up ... :cool:
Reply 397
I don't know that game, you guys are gonna have to teach me.
I can play hearts though. hearts and black jack.
Updated :smile:

I like Cheat too! :biggrin: What's that one you always beat me at, Katie? Spit? That's fun!
Reply 399
Cheat is great! I would introduce you to this other game called SET. I dont know how popular it is here but it is fantastic. We had SET parties and it was fab :biggrin: Have to find my cards though.

Latest

Trending

Trending