The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 420
Lol I'm crap at cheat although I do love the game! :biggrin: I'm just not very good at lying and it shows on my face I think :redface: I can never tell when someone's cheating or not either lol!

Although my friend did teach me a golden rule - always shout CHEAT when someone's laying down their last card! :biggrin:
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
I usually lay the wrong cards at the start if I have the correct ones - e.g say "4 twos" but lay one of four different cards. That way you'll have twos later! Messes people up.
Reply 422
SET is a card game which comes in as a set. You have to make SETs out of 12 laid out cards. I think they even have online SET, boring if you ask me. I much prefer playing with a whole lot of people.
Basic poker, blackjack and snap are the only cardgames I know. They are the bestest.
Haha, my friend used to get soo violent during snap!
Reply 425
How do you play poker?

Psycho-snap is fun :biggrin: and my friend's invented version of snap called Snap-poo is coool too :biggrin:

But 2's-High is the best game ever :biggrin: Or Shoplifting is fun too (yes that's a card game)
strip poker is fun :biggrin:
Reply 427
twistedheaven
strip poker is fun :biggrin:

Indeedy. Especially when you know how to play and you're playing a load of girls who don't. :biggrin:
Acidedge
Indeedy. Especially when you know how to play and you're playing a load of girls who don't. :biggrin:

Just use the old, "its ok, ill show you how to play' ploy :biggrin: :eek: :wink:
Reply 429
twistedheaven
Just use the old, "its ok, ill show you how to play' ploy :biggrin: :eek: :wink:

That's what my friend does - she often invent her own rules for games as well, which usually makes it more interesting but it means I get confused with the official version as opposed to her version cus I've only ever played her version!

Strip poker - I wouldn't mind watching if a load of fit guys were playing :p:
Reply 430
strip poker is fun. and girls tend to wear more layers than boys...

..my boyfriend (before he was that) once ended up with nothing but a sock on. luckily he didnt loose after that, the sock was fairly vital.
i get so competitive when playing snap.... even if my opponents are like 5 yrs old..... lol evil meeeeeeee

Oh i now know how to play poker.... kinda, i was taught on holiday,..... but i dont really get which hands beat which hands and when i have a fantastic hand opposed to having one just above average....

so if someone wants to teach me, and i mean teach me properly not just for strip poker purposes.... then im up for it :biggrin:
Reply 432
I can nearly play poker. And I won once, but they put my name up on the board wrong. They spelt it "A-N-D-R-E-W".
Reply 433
Name:Jason
Course: chemistry with molecular physics
Hall: hugh stewart
Comments: can't wait till week one! its gonna rock!
yo, theres only like 12 ppl do CMP but one of my best mates last year did it and he was in hustu, c ya there Jason, ill be the one working on the bar getting wrecked whilst supposedly having a responsible position!!
fellow marshmellowians, nottinghammies and other members of these crazy non profit organisations gathered here today.

the last hour has finally arrived, the final tray of muffins baked (quite literally).. and the last pair of stockings stuffed into my big travel bag.. it is 530am and as far as packing through the night goes, i am done :biggrin:

in a short matter of 6 hours i will be comfortably seated in a big flying machine which flies like a bird except without flapping its wings (and fancy deadly maneuvers unless youre flying singaporean airlines)..

so anyway.. as my location suggests.. i am five days away from nottingham and hours away from your wonderful civilised country. :smile: hence i too will be absent for some time from TSR.. but still.. see you on the other side..

ps - i am in no way at all biased against singapore. (or so i would have you think)
Have Fun on the non flapping bird and see you when u get there :P
Reply 437
finnstar
fellow marshmellowians, nottinghammies and other members of these crazy non profit organisations gathered here today.

the last hour has finally arrived, the final tray of muffins baked (quite literally).. and the last pair of stockings stuffed into my big travel bag.. it is 530am and as far as packing through the night goes, i am done :biggrin:

in a short matter of 6 hours i will be comfortably seated in a big flying machine which flies like a bird except without flapping its wings (and fancy deadly maneuvers unless youre flying singaporean airlines)..

so anyway.. as my location suggests.. i am five days away from nottingham and hours away from your wonderful civilised country. :smile: hence i too will be absent for some time from TSR.. but still.. see you on the other side..

ps - i am in no way at all biased against singapore. (or so i would have you think)

Have a safe flight.
Reply 438
finnstar

Have a safe flight on your non-flapping bird! :biggrin: :penguin: look forward to seeing you at Notts!
Reply 439
I don't think we're going to know what's hit us :smile:

I like poker. A lot of guys try the 'we'll show you' ploy on me, but i know how to play, so i can give them a run for their money. I've never played strip poker properly though. xx

Latest

Trending

Trending