The Student Room Group

AQA INFO3 June 2010

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
How are you guys revising for this exam because i have no other revision material apart from the text book and text book notes which are practically the same things but more broken down, still long though :frown:
my teacher reckons these are possible questions

1) ICT strategies are influenced both internally and externally
A)Explain two internal factors (4M)
B)Explain two external factors (4M)

2)Globemob International PLC experienced several failed projects.
This according to the external consultants arose due to lack of management and end user involvement.
In what ways could management and end user involvement have helped these failed projects? Discuss (10M)

3) Ms Broussard expressed some concerns about the use of external services (2.3)
A) What potential problems can occer through outsourcing? (4M)
B)What are the advantages from outsourcing? (5M)

4)In what ways can the current information security policy be considered inadequate for current and future operations? Discusss (2.4) (10M)

5) Explain using examples what the following systems can be used for:
>Decision Support System
>Management Information System
>Back Office System (12M)

6)There are a variety of training options available name and explain three of these stating an advantage for each, and an ideal occassion when this training method would be appropriate (9M)

7) There are a variety of support methods, explain three of these accompanied with a benefit of each. (9M)

ive got some rough answers that he also gave us if any one wants, its just i cant be bothered to type them at the moment :smile:
hope this helps people (Y)
ALSO has anyone seen the grade boundaries from the january paper, because im geussing this one wont be far off that boundary, i think it was something like 62-A 57-B 52-C i think this is why people got bad grades in january, because the boundaries are so low that you have to be ultra specific in your answers!!
Reply 43
I did the Jan paper as a practice yesterday - so many essays !! :frown:
Reply 44
AffyWaffles
ALSO has anyone seen the grade boundaries from the january paper, because im geussing this one wont be far off that boundary, i think it was something like 62-A 57-B 52-C i think this is why people got bad grades in january, because the boundaries are so low that you have to be ultra specific in your answers!!

Hey yh could I see your rough answers want to compare them to mine. =)
ok i was fairly reluctant to post them cause world cup is on and i really couldnt be bothered to type them, guess im just lazy :smile:
but here it goes (NOTE: it isnt written in exam style just very rough on what to write about)

1) Internal factors : business goals, finances, legacy systems, geography of clients
External Factors: Legislation, Compliance

2) Management + end user involvement:
-Clear about objectives for the project & requirements
-Agree budget>Timescale>milestones>deliverables
-consulted in analysis phase so development team understand
-check it supplys management info & deals with day to day transactions
-consulted on user interface
-project sponsor make sure elements not exceeded
-required system is produced

3)Outsourcing: ADV: makes best of labour & capital, service providers knowledge base & experience likely to be vast. Managers can concentrate on bussiness issues. Sometimes company does not have to purchase hi tech equipment. outsourcing company has to comply with legislation.
DISADV: ict people can lose thier jobs, quality may not be as high due to lack of interest, security & privacy of data can be comprimised

4)physical security needs clarifying, disciplinary procedures not outlined, first level passwords not discussed, disposal of data/ also thrid party (non-institutional use) backup, access levels R.E: mobile working, storage/clearly state this is an omission

5)DSS- making process e.g when assessing work will provide appropriate information. can be used to extrapolate figures & provide forecast data

MIS- managers need good info, purpose of MIS takes internal and external data converts it to info. easy to extract for management. gives feedback & results on rest of system

Back office system- transaction record: purchases & sales/ update stock details generate neccessary paperwork-invoices/receipts/packing strips

6) CBT, cascade, long distance, one to one

7)help desk, on screen, support articles, bulletin, existing user base, software documentation

(the last two are just the things on which you have to expand on)

hope this helps people :smile:
Reply 46
AffyWaffles
ok i was fairly reluctant to post them cause world cup is on and i really couldnt be bothered to type them, guess im just lazy :smile:
but here it goes (NOTE: it isnt written in exam style just very rough on what to write about)

1) Internal factors : business goals, finances, legacy systems, geography of clients
External Factors: Legislation, Compliance

2) Management + end user involvement:
-Clear about objectives for the project & requirements
-Agree budget>Timescale>milestones>deliverables
-consulted in analysis phase so development team understand
-check it supplys management info & deals with day to day transactions
-consulted on user interface
-project sponsor make sure elements not exceeded
-required system is produced

3)Outsourcing: ADV: makes best of labour & capital, service providers knowledge base & experience likely to be vast. Managers can concentrate on bussiness issues. Sometimes company does not have to purchase hi tech equipment. outsourcing company has to comply with legislation.
DISADV: ict people can lose thier jobs, quality may not be as high due to lack of interest, security & privacy of data can be comprimised

4)physical security needs clarifying, disciplinary procedures not outlined, first level passwords not discussed, disposal of data/ also thrid party (non-institutional use) backup, access levels R.E: mobile working, storage/clearly state this is an omission

5)DSS- making process e.g when assessing work will provide appropriate information. can be used to extrapolate figures & provide forecast data

MIS- managers need good info, purpose of MIS takes internal and external data converts it to info. easy to extract for management. gives feedback & results on rest of system

Back office system- transaction record: purchases & sales/ update stock details generate neccessary paperwork-invoices/receipts/packing strips

6) CBT, cascade, long distance, one to one

7)help desk, on screen, support articles, bulletin, existing user base, software documentation

(the last two are just the things on which you have to expand on)

hope this helps people :smile:

Thanks so much :smile:
Reply 47
so much information on part A, but what do people think could come up in part B
Reply 48
Decision Management systems,
MIS

Emerging technoligies and how they may affect the future..
Factors effecting ICT strategy
Diaster Recovery Plan

Those are my tips for what wud prob cum up....

dis exam looks like its gonna b ridiuculously hard tho...i jus had a look at da jan paper for da 1st tym today and der was so many vague essay questions throughout...
Reply 49
does Anyone Have The Zig Zag Education Papers On This Topic
Reply 50
yes i know exactly what you mean, the january 2010 paper was very difficult so on the contrary im hoping this paper isnt too hard! bt thats just me being hopeful LOL
Reply 51
im worried i may not finish in tym because i always have timing issues in exams specially on longer questions as i tend to try and cover my back by over writing answers to make sure i pick up marks...

has anyone tried this exam in timed conditions...if so how did u find it measured time wise?
I actually thought the jan paper was easy and it turned out i flopped big time!!!
Reply 53
Yeahdigg
im worried i may not finish in tym because i always have timing issues in exams specially on longer questions as i tend to try and cover my back by over writing answers to make sure i pick up marks...

has anyone tried this exam in timed conditions...if so how did u find it measured time wise?

I tried the specimen under timed conditions - but it contained a lot less essays than the Jan paper. Finished it in about 1 hr 30.
Reply 54
Yeahdigg

Did it in January, found that I had quite a lot of spare time after I finished to be honest, got a C and I'm retaking.

Good luck. :smile:
Reply 55
does anyone have a copy of the january exam i cant find it on AQA?
also what do people think is going to come up on section 2?
Reply 56
Hello every1. nice topic - thanks for all the help so far - defo gonna use that 4 my revision.

just one question tho - i can see that a likely topic in section a will be what 2 do 2 make the information security policy better and was wondering if any1 has some pointers on this? like what is exactly wrong with it as it is? thanks
Jimi137
Hello every1. nice topic - thanks for all the help so far - defo gonna use that 4 my revision.

just one question tho - i can see that a likely topic in section a will be what 2 do 2 make the information security policy better and was wondering if any1 has some pointers on this? like what is exactly wrong with it as it is? thanks

i posted a similair Q & A above ^^ have a look and see if that helps mate!!
Reply 58
hey could somebody put a copy of the jan exam on here please thanks
Reply 59
AffyWaffles
i posted a similair Q & A above ^^ have a look and see if that helps mate!!

thanks! sorry i didnt know exactly what that bit was for. thanks for the help - lets hope the exam is a good one

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending