The Student Room Group

AQA INFO3 June 2010

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
carralex22
OMFG! That testing answer I put performance testing, scailibility testing, simulated environment n all that **** :frown:

i did that too :frown: so deffinatly not got anymarks for that
jo144
i did that too :frown: so deffinatly not got anymarks for that

Oh well did u notice about the security question 4 globemob that there was noting in their security policy relating to the Data protection act?
Reply 122
ep1234567
Thought the questions weren't too bad however i ran out of time, far too much writing to be done :frown:

For the testing question i just babbled on about white box, black box, debugging, user testing, functional, operational ect...

For the 20 marker i spoke about mobile working, video conferencing, overseas trading ect.

d question was on reliability..so we were to talk about requirement based,regression,system,program,alpha and beta testing
Who else thinks it was harder than the Jan paper and did sh*t in it??
Reply 124
I didnt do the jan paper.. bah managed to do ****!!
The questions were not all bad.. just timing!! Grade Boundaries please save me! (=
Reply 125
I wrote about test harness (I think this is wrong), Regression testing, change control, alpha testing, beta testing.
Reply 126
What did you write about for the 20 Mark question?
What did u write for the 1st question?
Reply 128
What did everyone write for the 'your proposals for the new strategy' bit?

I mentioned reliabilities, proper policies, mention of disciplinary, possibly looking at having separate computers, detached from the main network for personal use, enabling a tighter control or ban on personal use on the main system..
Reply 129
nnamdi
d question was on reliability..so we were to talk about requirement based,regression,system,program,alpha and beta testing

I swear it was just saying explain how testing is carried out so that he has more of an understanding.

Oh well probs failed anyway...Hello gap year.
Reply 130
flare_for_fashion
What did u write for the 1st question?

I wrote about future proofing, people considerations and the technology life cycle that i can remember
Reply 131
What did you all write for the training types.

Having to name a different type of training for strat, tactical and operational.

I think i completely ****** that one.
Reply 132
desir0
What did you all write for the training types.

Having to name a different type of training for strat, tactical and operational.

I think i completely ****** that one.

i chose CBT (computer based training) for operation as this is the level with largest number of employees so they have freedom to do it when they want at any time and dont need to be together.

I chose Instructor based for tactical as less number of employees at this level so easier to have them together for a method like this in a classroom. Allows them to ask questions face-to-face is struggeling/

Finally i chose One-to-one for strategic as least number of employees at this level, staff can learn at their own individual pase and have the option to ask as many questions as they want when in need of help.

Anyone else do anything simular?
Reply 133
For the testing question i wrote about alpha and beta and how they should test correct, extreme and erroneous data. Then i went on to say there are techniques for testing and wrote about prototyping, testing harness, scaleability and volume. Then got stuck lol, not sure if the techniques would get you marks but the question was so vage, it was asking you to describe :/
Who else thought this exam was harder than Jan and did sh*t in it?
Reply 135
random123456789
Who else thought this exam was harder than Jan and did sh*t in it?

Only did the jan as a past paper, but must say there was a more spread of smaller mark questions on the jan paper in comparison. Im lucky i only needed 56/100 on this exam to get a grade B overall. Which i am praying i got but half the paper was basically the last 2 questions :|
Reply 136
paula3412
i chose CBT (computer based training) for operation as this is the level with largest number of employees so they have freedom to do it when they want at any time and dont need to be together.

I chose Instructor based for tactical as less number of employees at this level so easier to have them together for a method like this in a classroom. Allows them to ask questions face-to-face is struggeling/

Finally i chose One-to-one for strategic as least number of employees at this level, staff can learn at their own individual pase and have the option to ask as many questions as they want when in need of help.

Anyone else do anything simular?

I did the same training methods as u but the justification was a bit different:
for operational my reason was - there may be hundreds of employees so they can work at their own pace
tactical - so they can work in groups and help eachother (rubbish justification)
strategic - as it is one 2 one they can personally ask questions they want

AND

for the testing question i wrote about module/unit testing, integration testing, functional testing, operational testing, alpha and beta testing and how beta testing can be replaced with end user testing.
**** I wrote about testing techniques (harness, scalability, usability, volume, performance and multi platform) why aren't those relevent? I disnt write detail enough on rest to get good marks
:/

what dis people put in strategic etc box chart thing? Spesh for time span :s-smilie: and there washardly anything to write for entertainmentand social tech developments I influncing orgs except mobile work video conferencing etc?!?!

Rest ws ok. What ppl think grade boundaries will be xx
Reply 138
for the reliability testing..i put system testing requirement based testing scalabitiy testing , volume testing and network testing...

altho the scalabity testing and volume testing are techniques for testing rather than testin reliability...im hopin that if we explained them enough we may get marks as they are still testing the reliabilty of data for example when the system is under a lot of volumes of data ..volume testing will check whether the system is reliable in this situation and still operates effectively..

for time span...strategic is long time span i tink, tactical is pretty much middle in everyting den operational is short....

for trainin at strategic level i said dey shud send dem off to uni :| lol to get a qualification as that type of trainin provides more skills based trainin and gives transferable skills but seeing frm u guys responses i guess das wrong :frown:

i'm jus prayin i got the probably 50/100 i would need to get a B overall unless ma coursework gets put down drastically... 67/100 shud get peeps an A
Reply 139
mercedes-xo
**** I wrote about testing techniques (harness, scalability, usability, volume, performance and multi platform) why aren't those relevent? I disnt write detail enough on rest to get good marks
:/

what dis people put in strategic etc box chart thing? Spesh for time span :s-smilie: and there washardly anything to write for entertainmentand social tech developments I influncing orgs except mobile work video conferencing etc?!?!

Rest ws ok. What ppl think grade boundaries will be xx

Im exactly the same the majority of my answers were based on techniques so i hope they are counted. In the grid thing i put the following as far as i can remember;

Operational: level of detail: very detailed (most detailed), time span: short term and why they would need this: perform day-to-day tasks.
Tactical: level of detail: moderately detailed, time span: long and short term, need this: keep check of progress of their area i,e bakery(used from info they gave us)
Strategic: level of detail: broad detail (least detailed), time span: long term, need this: keep check of progress for overall organisation to make decision such as if doing well should we open up a new store(again got from info they listed above)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending