The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Kookai bags are great, they're not rucksacks but you'll find that hardly any girls use rucksacks. You wouldn't have thought you could get much in a bag. But you can fit loads. I've managed to get 2 thick Maths books, pad of paper, my pencil case, my lunch, calculater, planner and a book to read in it at one time.
Reply 2
ncfcanna
Kookai bags are great, they're not rucksacks but you'll find that hardly any girls use rucksacks. You wouldn't have thought you could get much in a bag. But you can fit loads. I've managed to get 2 thick Maths books, pad of paper, my pencil case, my lunch, calculater, planner and a book to read in it at one time.

Thanks, I'll look out for them :smile:
Reply 3
Yeah I've got 2 Kookai bags- they are fab!
Reply 4
H&M is fab for selling big bags for around a tenner that r stylish and fit all your books in.
Also if you have a student card TopShop is good because you get 10% off all their bags :smile:
For some really nice bags try AsSeenOnScreen they might be a bit more expensive than usual, but if you fancy using them outside of school as well they're great :p:
This one is my fave, and its really roomy as well!
Or if your on a budget theres this one, and its really stylish as well as being cheap!
Reply 5
Ahh, when we started 6th form basically all my mates thought they'd try and be grown up with big shoulder bags!! That lasted about a month then they all reverted to backpacks, bar 2 who I really hate. :cool:

I had a bright pink Eastpak bag through yr 11, then I got a Roxy red and pink bag for my birthday this year, which is cool :biggrin: I'm the queen of bright backpacks. Some people at my school have amazing patterned ones but I couldn't seem to find any in Oxford. German has the best backpacks :love:
Reply 6
I have a big Jansport back pack (I'm female) I might not look cool, but at least I don't walk around with lop sided shoulders, thanks.
Reply 7
Thanks everyone for your replies.

Does anyone know any shops or websites to get Roxy bags from?
Reply 8
sweet_gurl
Thanks everyone for your replies.

Does anyone know any shops or websites to get Roxy bags from?

http://www.extremepie.com/Products/ladies+luggage+wallets.asp

Have a look on here :smile:
Reply 9
poptart86
H&M is fab for selling big bags for around a tenner that r stylish and fit all your books in.
Also if you have a student card TopShop is good because you get 10% off all their bags :smile:
For some really nice bags try AsSeenOnScreen they might be a bit more expensive than usual, but if you fancy using them outside of school as well they're great :p:
This one is my fave, and its really roomy as well!
Or if your on a budget theres this one, and its really stylish as well as being cheap!

you would have been sent home for having a bag like that at my school.
what about shops that realy do do budget ones? what i need is like my past 3 school bags which have all cost a £5 and lasted over a year except the last one which broke with goodness knows how many books in it... any ideas??
Reply 11
trish xx
what about shops that realy do do budget ones? what i need is like my past 3 school bags which have all cost a £5 and lasted over a year except the last one which broke with goodness knows how many books in it... any ideas??

you could have bought 1 decent bag for £15 quid and saved money and it would last you longer than 3 years..
Reply 12
Lots of people at my school just had a normal little shoulder bag to carry round keys, wallet, phone etc, and then got those £5 patterned shopper bags from Topshop to carry books in when they needed them. I had 3 school bags, two from H&M one from a shoe shop. Just do whatever you feel comfortable with. To be fair, my sixth form was sort of a fashion parade at times, about 3 girls in the year had 'sensible' backpacks lol.
Reply 13
djk_99
Lots of people at my school just had a normal little shoulder bag to carry round keys, wallet, phone etc, and then got those £5 patterned shopper bags from Topshop to carry books in when they needed them. I had 3 school bags, two from H&M one from a shoe shop. Just do whatever you feel comfortable with. To be fair, my sixth form was sort of a fashion parade at times, about 3 girls in the year had 'sensible' backpacks lol.

exactly the same at my school. i had a small-ish bag from fatface which fits phone, wallet, keys, pens and pencils, bottle of water and lunch, and then had a bookbag thingy for shoving my school stuff in. advantage of that is that you can dump the books in the common room or library at lunch and then go into town without carrying loads of textbooks, or having to leave piles of books lying around which are just asking to be used like footballs.
Reply 14
i think that a rucksack is the best bag. you can put in a lot of things in it and even though it isn't the most fashionable bag you can find really nice ones.(a lot of sport brands like nike, puma, addidas have some great ones.) they are also easy to carry.
I bought one at Dockers ages ago which I really like. It's not a backpack though.. it's an over the shoulder.
Reply 16
ive been using eastpak for years.
Reply 17
i tend to get any big black bag and then blacken it even more with paint...
Reply 18
Reply 19
jansport./ roxy / east pak all do funky designs and colours. they look cool and are practical and comfortable.

Latest