The Student Room Group

Will I get disqualified for this in ny GCSE?

So I went to the hall for my exams, I was a bit late and my fellow students were already sitting for their exams. I put my phone inside my bag, put it in silent and went to my sit like any other student would do. I answered my test truthfully and only based my answers with my own knowledge. However 15 minutes before our exam finished, my phone went on and made this piano sound. It was my alarm, the invigilator located my bag and took it outside. I finished my exam without cheating and left the hall. I went to the general office to pick up my bag. The lady told me that the best case scenario for me if me receiving a warning and the worse: being disqualified. I am worried to death as most of my exams are in the same exam board and that paper was my chemistry exam. (I need that for college. My exam board is AQA)

What do you guys think about this? Should I be worried or no? I am honestly losing my motivation on revising for my last paper for science; I am filled of thoughts of why should I even bother revising if I’ll be disqualified?
Well your phone was in your bag so you won’t called in for cheating but the school might tell the exam board but I do not think you will be disqualified. Don’t lose motivation you only have a few exams left, try your best, you never know what will happen
Original post by laizaaa
So I went to the hall for my exams, I was a bit late and my fellow students were already sitting for their exams. I put my phone inside my bag, put it in silent and went to my sit like any other student would do. I answered my test truthfully and only based my answers with my own knowledge. However 15 minutes before our exam finished, my phone went on and made this piano sound. It was my alarm, the invigilator located my bag and took it outside. I finished my exam without cheating and left the hall. I went to the general office to pick up my bag. The lady told me that the best case scenario for me if me receiving a warning and the worse: being disqualified. I am worried to death as most of my exams are in the same exam board and that paper was my chemistry exam. (I need that for college. My exam board is AQA)

What do you guys think about this? Should I be worried or no? I am honestly losing my motivation on revising for my last paper for science; I am filled of thoughts of why should I even bother revising if I’ll be disqualified?

The phone was not in your possession, there is absolutely no question that you were cheating, the very worst that is likely to happen if your exams office even report it is an official warning.

page 37 https://www.jcq.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/Malpractice_21-22_FINAL.pdf
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 3
The lady can also testify that it was an alarm and not a call or any other kind of thing as she was the one who turned my alarm off .. I already wrote a statement that my phone was in my bag and it was an alarm and not a call. I also mentioned that I don't know how to turn my phone off, as stupid it may sound it is true. (I do now since I am scared to death of my phone ringing)
Reply 4
They gave me this paper about appealing and it terrified me as it kinda look like I was going to prison for it.
Original post by laizaaa
They gave me this paper about appealing and it terrified me as it kinda look like I was going to prison for it.

Please tell me what happened at the end the exact same thing you have just described happened to me same ringtone and everything

Quick Reply

Latest