The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
what about Diesel? they usually have cool big shoulder bags to fit your books in and lots of other stuff!
Get a bag made out of cotton canvas with double stitching where the straps join on.

I bought a brown one from H&M last year and then attached a cute pink fake flower on it. It seems to be indestructable! Problem is canvas bags can shrink a little if shoved in the washing machine.

I guess most of you are looking for backpacks though. I got a shoulder bag because it meant I couldn't carry as much and didn't take unnecessary books into school. I'd used backpacks before, carried everything around, and got backache way too often!!
Reply 22
Timberland or Jansport
Jansport!!!!! Eastpak is a division of Jansport. 85-90% of secondary and university students in America own a Jansport backpack!! Jansports last for ages. Especially when you get the kind with a leather bottom. Those last forever. Saved me lots of money. Got on in year 8 here in the usa, been with me ever since. I'm a uni student.
I got my 'Rusty' bag from Overboard in the ACT, very "East coast Aussie" as far as trends go :biggrin: :biggrin: My first move away from the usual Melbourne styles I tend to go for, so was a challenge but have gotten used to it now.

Don't think you guys have Overboard up there, but you get Roxy etc. so I thought I'd give it a mention :p: :cool:
Reply 25
I got a cord shoulder bag from Ravel and it's really comfy :smile: For backpacks i'd definately say a surfy brand or something like Jansport.

Or you could be really cool and get a tiny, tiny handbag and then carry everything else round in a *designer* carrier bag. :wink:
Reply 26
fleece
you would have been sent home for having a bag like that at my school.

Even at sixth form? Maybe ive just forgotten what its like to be under the control of stuffy old teachers, but if that one was a bit OTT, how about this website Board Riders Guide which has some Roxy Bags available.
Reply 27
i bought a really nice adidas shoulder type bagy thingy last week for my a2 year. Its big enough to fir 3 folders, all my books, lunch and essentials in when im walking to school, walk to my locker, dump everything i need in there and the bottom of the bag then zips up and it becomes a cute little black and baby blue carry bag for my phone, keys(incl.locker key!)pencil case and lunch..
yes now i put my books in my locker since being at 6th form! so just take an average size handbag with my pencil case ,phone ,diary, mp3 etc.

yes i hate the way like yr 8s carry round a dead small bag then a carrier bag, yes its ok for your PE kit but your pencil case and books its stupid!
I got a cute shoulder bag from Guess for 6th form...but ended up using any bag that matched my outfit as time went on.

Rucksacks are always good.....

It depends how fashion conscious you are!
Reply 30
ive just boughta nic ebig black bag for uni from topshop
Reply 31
Might not seem like it but Clarks (the shoe shop!) do a lot of shoulder bags.
Pringle do some nice ones. I have a black and white shoulder bag from there and it's just the right size! They're not all that expensive either.
Reply 33
Having lived in Switzerland for ten years, I brought an ever trendy Freitag bag...http://www.freitag.ch/index_frames.php

Latest