The Student Room Group

extra curricular?

Hi all, at the moment im quite worried that i wont have enought extra curricular activities on my personal statement to do with engineering , because i have only recently made my mind up about what i want to do at uni. I have a place booked at a chemical engineering taster day and will be reading more often the institute of engineering and technology magazines.
What did some of you put on your p s as extra curricular activities that were engineering related?
Nothing.
Smack
Nothing.

Where and what do you study?
you can't really get any engineering work exp...simply as most places won't give anyone under uni level a place...those that do get it, usually have a parent or relative who is an engineer or who has contacts with one
Mechanical at the Robert Gordon university.

There wasn't really anything extra curricular that I could have done to do with engineering, to be honest, and I don't know if universities really give a damn about your personal statement for engineering. My personal statement was pretty crappy, really. Just reworded an example I was give by a teacher, and mentioned that I used to play with Meccano when I was younger.

And no one rejected me (I applied to Edinburgh and Aberdeen as well).

Might be different for English unis, though.

Latest