The Student Room Group

What do you do with your old uni books?

I've spent hundreds on books and I feel as if I should sell them off to make a quick buck... because they seem to go for pretty decent prices on Amazon Used etc... but I also get ridiculously attached to books (even those ****** diet plan books I've got free from glossy magazines) and hate giving them away! And yeah, I like it when my bookcase makes me look half-intellectual :wink:

So what do you (intend to) do with yours? :p:
I've kept mine and I'll probably read them in a few years time. I look like an intellectual when I have books strewn across the room :smile:
Reply 2
elixira
I've spent hundreds on books and I feel as if I should sell them off to make a quick buck... because they seem to go for pretty decent prices on Amazon Used etc... but I also get ridiculously attached to books (even those ****** diet plan books I've got free from glossy magazines) and hate giving them away! And yeah, I like it when my bookcase makes me look half-intellectual :wink:

So what do you (intend to) do with yours? :p:

I have the same problem, i get so attatched to my books, i cant bare the thought of giving them up :o: I keep thinking i may need them, but i know i dont. They take up alot of much needed space. I might sell them on amazon/ebay, or if that fails, bin them. :frown: I'd rather sell them, uni books cost alot, i'd feel bad just throwing them away now that i have no use for them.
Reply 3
Well you'd be selling, not giving away!

I've got quite a few I need to get rid of, just haven't bothered yet.
I keep all my books, I like to look back at them every now and again to remember how hard I had to work. Plus its cool to read them after a while and laugh about how hard you used to find the easiest stuff.
Reply 5
I'm a big reader so I rotate the contents of my bookshelf quite a bit... so can't really get attached to mine, otherwise I'd never get to read anything new. :biggrin:

I sell mine on Amazon too. I've been doing so for a couple of years; there's always students who will need the same text books. Anontated one's go especially fast.
Reply 6
i want to get rid of them aaaall! no emotional attachment for me. could be to do with the fact linguistics and linguistics books are ridiculously dull :p:
i did keep some of my literature books, when i did lit in first year.

maybe keep the ones you know you will read again? i dont think hoarding books to look 'clever' is a good thing. better to make money and buy much more enjoyable books!
Reply 7
I'd do the same except some of my books cost upwards of £50... I'd be far from clever to keep them.

OP would you pay hundreds for them now, if you didn't need them? If not you should sell.
Delete them off my computer.

Yeah, I don't know why idiots actually buy the books when you can just download them by typing in name of the book and say rapidshare.
Simplicity

Yeah, I don't know why idiots actually buy the books when you can just download them by typing in name of the book and say rapidshare.

I may start doing that, once I get my hands on a HP slate.
maze.e
I may start doing that, once I get my hands on a HP slate.

Get the samsung R580. Seems like the best laptop for price.

What ever you do don't get a mac or like iPad(worse name ever for a electronic device).
Reply 11
Simplicity

Because some of us like reading actual books...
I keep mine to read. I'm one of those weird uni students that enjoys their subject recreationally.
Reply 13
I kept some and sold others.
Reply 14
I kept all my uni books, I think it will be nice to see them all in a few years, when I have a house, and a bookshelf I can look back and go "they got me here" or just remember that I once used to be pretty smart!
Reply 15
I sound some on Amazon at the end of the last academic session. I tend to hang on to them until I run out of space, so then I need to clear out, in order to make room for more books!
Reply 16
I fully intend on keeping them. My smart shelf is only half full, so I need more books to fill it out.
I always donate them for free to second hand charity bookshops, there's always someone out there who needs them more than me.
I have a few that I plan on getting rid of soon . . although I am like you too OP very attached to my books lol :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending