The Student Room Group

MAINTENANCE LOAN : typical amounts?

Just wondering what the usual amount of maintenance loan that people recieve when it ISNT being means tested on your parents income and you are living away from home

Ive been offered £2324 in maintenance loan but i know other people who have been given over £3000 when in the same circumstances as me.
My sister was given the same amount as I have and she lived at home, so have I been given this amount because they think I am also living at home?
:confused:

And if so, is there any way i can get my application reassessed?

thank you!
Reply 1
If you are living away from home outside London you should get £3564 non-means tested. That's the amount everyone is entitled to; you can't get any less.

Although you should get £2763 if you're living at home, so no idea where that figure you've got came from. :s-smilie:

Something's clearly gone wrong somewhere.
SamuelDeakins
Just wondering what the usual amount of maintenance loan that people recieve when it ISNT being means tested on your parents income and you are living away from home

Ive been offered £2324 in maintenance loan but i know other people who have been given over £3000 when in the same circumstances as me.
My sister was given the same amount as I have and she lived at home, so have I been given this amount because they think I am also living at home?

thank you!

Under the same circumstances? Use this Student Finance calculator and see what you get, it takes a minute.
http://www.studentfinance.direct.gov.uk/calculator/studentfinancecalculator/1011/

Maybe its to do with other incomes you stated if any, or if means tested, maybe your parents earn alot?

Edit - Oh non means tested, check the calculator and get it re-assessed if theres no correlation fromyour offer
Original post by SamuelDeakins

thank you!

Are you on an NHS course?
£2324 is the maximum loan you can get whilst on an NHS course.
Non means tested away from home should be 3575. That's what am getting

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending