The Student Room Group

SFE - Application changes

Hi,

I sent a student finance application back in April of this year, but today I have changed the University which I plan on attending. Everything else remains the same, the only difference is the University.

In my previous application, my payments were already scheduled. I had applied for a higher maintenance loan and was due to receive £9,507 overall. I was wondering, will this change because I've changed the University I'm attending? As I mentioned previously, every other piece of information is the same. I've already provided evidence for household income, etc. So will my maintenance loan be the same amount or will it change?

Also, on the SFE website, the maintenance loan and grants section states that the standard maintenance loan is up to £4,651, and underneath it says that the higher maintenance loan is up to £5,327. Is the higher maintenance loan added to the standard one? (As in you receive the standard £4,651 but then also receive whatever the extra amount is depending on your circumstances, up to the previously mentioned £5,327 that the website states) Or does the higher maintenance loan ONLY go up to £5,327, meaning that this is the highest amount you will receive?

Not sure if that makes any sense, but I hope someone understands what I'm trying to ask.
Thanks.
Original post by nebulaee
Hi,

I sent a student finance application back in April of this year, but today I have changed the University which I plan on attending. Everything else remains the same, the only difference is the University.

In my previous application, my payments were already scheduled. I had applied for a higher maintenance loan and was due to receive £9,507 overall. I was wondering, will this change because I've changed the University I'm attending? As I mentioned previously, every other piece of information is the same. I've already provided evidence for household income, etc. So will my maintenance loan be the same amount or will it change?

Also, on the SFE website, the maintenance loan and grants section states that the standard maintenance loan is up to £4,651, and underneath it says that the higher maintenance loan is up to £5,327. Is the higher maintenance loan added to the standard one? (As in you receive the standard £4,651 but then also receive whatever the extra amount is depending on your circumstances, up to the previously mentioned £5,327 that the website states) Or does the higher maintenance loan ONLY go up to £5,327, meaning that this is the highest amount you will receive?

Not sure if that makes any sense, but I hope someone understands what I'm trying to ask.
Thanks.

Hi there,

The standard loan is the basic that everyone can get. If you then use your household income, you may be entitled to more loan depending where the income is on the scale.

If you make any changes regarding your course/university this will generate a reassessment. We will work out what you will be entitled to based on this and the household income if you have already provided this. We would advise to do this as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 2
Original post by Claire SFE
Hi there,

The standard loan is the basic that everyone can get. If you then use your household income, you may be entitled to more loan depending where the income is on the scale.

If you make any changes regarding your course/university this will generate a reassessment. We will work out what you will be entitled to based on this and the household income if you have already provided this. We would advise to do this as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Claire

Thank you.
Everything on my application has been updated as of this morning and it has been approved! :smile:
Original post by nebulaee
Thank you.
Everything on my application has been updated as of this morning and it has been approved! :smile:

Hi there, That's great news. Thanks, Angela

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending