The Student Room Group

School Bag

Hi Guys

I'm looking for a new school bag: my requirements are:

Backpack (I bike)
Stylish (I now have to bike, but would otherwise be smarter and more feminine!)
Mature (I'm in yr 13!)
Able to fit and hold clip folder/textbook+lunch/drink etc

Preferably made of courdery and doesn't look like I'm going on holiday or to the gym!

Any ideas? I've looked at things in online 'surf' stores but kind find what I'm after...apparently H+M did a purple courderoy one a few years back....any ideas? I've even checked Ebay!

Please type address/ideas soon as I need to order ASAP!
The words stylish and corduroy should never feature in the same sentance together. Ahem!
Reply 2
It's SO tough trying to find a good-looking backpack. I make do with a man's basic bland Animal one when I'm cycling and carrying loads of books/going to stay with my boyfriend but only because I found it near-impossible to find one that was both practical and perfect :frown:
Reply 3
ahhhh! Was hoping for some good news!! lol!! Anyone managed to suceed in this near impossible question? Really reluctant to go with a boring one as I will have to use it all day at least 5 days per week!
Reply 5
thnks...but a wee bit out of my price range...
Reply 6
notebook
thnks...but a wee bit out of my price range...

yeah they are a bit overpriced but they are very well made and will last forever!

- and it has a 'third leg' useful when you are on your bike.
Reply 7
Unforutnaely I have about £50 in total for all my back to school things (well- full stop actually!)

Any slightly less exspensive suggestions? Mum will contribute if its 'reasonably' priced!

Thanks anyway- hopefully the right link will appear soon...

Any more suggestions people? :-)

btw- whats a third leg?
Reply 8
notebook

btw- whats a third leg?

it's a extra strap so that for example if you were cycling it would help hold your bag in place.
Reply 9
If you do have to get a boring one you could always put pin badges and stuff on it to make it more funky? I lknow a girl who used a plain black one and she got some little sequined sew on patches (they were all flowers, rainbows etc.) and it looked really funky

lou xxx
Reply 10
Yup- I'd certainly do that- but can't even find a plain black cord one.... grrrrr
i bought a backpack not so long ago, and that was billabong, but as you said you've checked the 'surf' websites i suppose that includes the billabong?
Reply 12
Debenhams have a Roxy red and pink surf print backpack. It's in their Home departments with the luggage.

It's lush.

EDIT ~ I even found the link for you, clickie! It's the backpack to the left at the bottom.
Reply 13
Kipling. :smile: Very good quality, but a bit expensive. I have had this dark blue backpack for 4 years it's perfect (the sun made it a bit lighter now though :biggrin:).
Or an Eastpack one with flowers. :biggrin: They're pretty.
Reply 14
been looking on ebay and all these bags would be suitable for cycling (but i don't really know what your taste is so you might hate them all!)

pink animal bag

plain black kookai one (you could jazz it up)

bright pink/red quicksilver bag

blue billabong bag

charcoal lacoste cross strap bag (again you could jazz it up)

white (with red flower) quicksilver bag

lou xxx
Reply 15
Hi

Wow. You've been busy- thanks for all those suggestions...I still can't quite find what I'm after. I'm now dead set on Courderoy but am sick to death of coming across 'Jansport'!!!!
Reply 16
something by eastpak?

theyre ultra strong, you can get flowery designs i think, and i have one :biggrin:
Reply 17
kikzen
something by eastpak?

theyre ultra strong, you can get flowery designs i think, and i have one :biggrin:

Is yours a flowery one? :p:

My new school bag (I'm also new y13 :biggrin: ) is a yellow bag from fat face. It's not a backpack type thing, but it's quite large and roomy enough for all my books and stuff. I didn't want a backpack type thing this year though cos I'm sick of looking like everyone else :redface:
Reply 18
notebook
Hi

Wow. You've been busy- thanks for all those suggestions...I still can't quite find what I'm after. I'm now dead set on Courderoy but am sick to death of coming across 'Jansport'!!!!

oh, you don't like Jansport?

I bought one that lasted me 5/6 years and everyone commented on how good it looked- even when it was broke in the sixth year, lol.

Was rather expensive though- think it cost me about £120.

Latest