The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Is calculator fx-991EX (CLASSWIZ) alright to have during GCSEs? (I need to know as I have mocks this Monday)
Original post by Searcher1
Is calculator fx-991EX (CLASSWIZ) alright to have during GCSEs? (I need to know as I have mocks this Monday)

blimey, its been a long time since I posted on here.

I'd say, yes it is allowed, I used one in my A-Levels after my misinformed exams officer banned me from using my Ti-Nspire CX (Non CAS) (this was after showing her my email from OCR confirming I WAS allowed to use it, but she was having none of it, so i gave up....)

if you are using it, learn its advanced functions and how to exploit them , such as the equation solver, and the spreadsheet, these are probably what got me through my physics A-Level exam with a high grade, because, effectively, the equation solver, whilst its not symbolic, the CPU is so fast, that it can actually solve pretty complex equations, and I can't re-arrange equations to save my life....
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by lewinator56
blimey, its been a long time since I posted on here.

I'd say, yes it is allowed, I used one in my A-Levels after my misinformed exams officer banned me from using my Ti-Nspire CX (Non CAS) (this was after showing her my email from OCR confirming I WAS allowed to use it, but she was having none of it, so i gave up....)

if you are using it, learn its advanced functions and how to exploit them , such as the equation solver, and the spreadsheet, these are probably what got me through my physics A-Level exam with a high grade, because, effectively, the equation solver, whilst its not symbolic, the CPU is so fast, that it can actually solve pretty complex equations, and I can't re-arrange equations to save my life....

i have the same calculator, do you have any recommended tutorials regarding exploiting the calculator? thank you

Latest

Trending

Trending