The Student Room Group
Libeskind Graduate Centre
London Metropolitan University
London

Anybody out there studying at London Met

Hi,

I am currently studying at London Met and having followed the complaints procedure about the standard of teaching, I have found out that no investigation actually took place.

If there is anybody out there that currently studies at Lonodn Met and has or would like to make a complaint, please contact me, include your name, student number, and details of the compliant. No action will be taken without your permission, at this stage I am simply gathering information.

If there is anybody looking to start London met in the summer....don't. You could go anywhere else for the same money, enrolment will be a huge regret, I guarentee it.
Poor teaching, poor facilities, terrible management.
Reply 1
I concur. I'm in my first year, and it is AWFUL.
Libeskind Graduate Centre
London Metropolitan University
London
lewbram
Hi,

I am currently studying at London Met and having followed the complaints procedure about the standard of teaching, I have found out that no investigation actually took place.

If there is anybody out there that currently studies at Lonodn Met and has or would like to make a complaint, please contact me, include your name, student number, and details of the compliant. No action will be taken without your permission, at this stage I am simply gathering information.

If there is anybody looking to start London met in the summer....don't. You could go anywhere else for the same money, enrolment will be a huge regret, I guarentee it.
Poor teaching, poor facilities, terrible management.

I did not pass my first year university exams elsewhere and was offered a place here to begin back in January of this year, I chose to decline it and instead hope to go to Keele or Kent in September. Thank heavens I decided to take the riskier route for a better university, I have heard such bad things about this institution!
Reply 3
Jenny - I share your pain, I have one semester left and they have totally screwed me, to make it worse other uni's will not accept transfers from London Met, I really need help to gather support, so this doesn't happen to anybody else. If you know anybody there that has legitimate complaints please ask them to contact me.

Kiwietnana - smart move, good luck with your applicaitons, I am from staffordshire and I have been to keele, really nice grounds, buildings, etc
Reply 4
I thought the Uni went bankrupt.
Reply 5
Nope they some how got away with it! Still open and ripping people off....
Reply 6
lewbram
Nope they some how got away with it! Still open and ripping people off....

Surely London South Bank Uni is worse..

I remember a few years back, some representatives from the Met coming to some fancy hotel and trying to get some international students. They made it sound like Oxbridge
Reply 7
Oxbridge!!! more like Foxbrdige the place is scandelous, I heard a rumour that the tower building is made of lego!
Reply 8
lewbram
Jenny - I share your pain, I have one semester left and they have totally screwed me, to make it worse other uni's will not accept transfers from London Met, I really need help to gather support, so this doesn't happen to anybody else. If you know anybody there that has legitimate complaints please ask them to contact me.

Kiwietnana - smart move, good luck with your applicaitons, I am from staffordshire and I have been to keele, really nice grounds, buildings, etc

Other uni's do accept transfers from London Met. I tried to transfer for the next two years of my degree, and was accepted by four universities ranked roughly 20-40 in the league tables for my subject (Psychology). The only reason I have to repeat my first year is that the one uni I really wanted (Hull) didn't have any space in the new September intake of first years.
Reply 9
hmm I think that is becuase the first year does not count towards your grade. I have tried to most of the uni's in the London area even middlesex and greenwich were not prepared to tak eme in the third year saying that I would have to do the 2nd year there, some places just wouldn't accept the modules to transfer and actually said London Met grades are not marked to the same standards. Others said that the modules I have done does not even match their course, which is the same name, they ar enot sure why the modules are on the particular degree.
Reply 10
Hello Guys! Thanks a lot for the feedback! Had just applied to Lon. Met for an MSC in Embedded Systems; i probably should be thinking against it! Hail from Kenya, which other quality UK unis. should i be looking at for the same course?

Latest

Trending

Trending