The Student Room Group

What are these people like?

Okay so I did psychology a year early and I did well in the end and I did well in my philosophy exams but my philosophy exams and my English lit exams took place on different weeks yet everything was fine around the time of my philosophy exams so I could study like normal and it all went okay but around the time of my English lit exams my life was kind of a disaster there were lots of personal issues going on (not with me but the people around me) which prevented me from doing as well as I could and I find libraries too loud so I couldn't go there either. But I have been getting A*s for English all year then in the exam I didn't do as well but then I went to see the exam officer for an explanation and it turns out I actually did well in the exam (not as good as usual but good) and it is just that my coursework was so bad that it tanked my entire grade which wasn't entirely my fault because everyone in my class did badly on it because of our teacher yet the other class in our year with a different teacher did really well? Anyways because of that I did not get into my firm uni choice which was a Russell group and instead I got into my backup which was London Met.
When I went to London Met for their open day the building itself was kinda confusing to get around but the teaching seem great (for psychology that is) and I thought that I wouldn't mind going there so I put it as my backup but I didn't look at any of the reviews at all I just based it off of what I felt and now I'm actually going there I'm worried. I mean I know it's financial issues have gotten better and the only bad reviews have been from 15 years ago and they were in the top 3 for teaching in psychology out of all the unis in London so.
But I looked up about what kind of people go there and it said disadvantaged people go there so I took that to mean people who don't really care about school/didn't get any good grades but I got two really good grades and my English grade wasn't actually bad it was just bad by my standards and Kings standards. Also when I went there for the open day when I went for psychology there was someone there who seemed very rude and I thought is someone like that really going to do psychology and there were a few people who had no manners and had a big attitude problem and even were rude to the staff there for no reason. I'm sorry but I don't necessarily want to be surrounded by people like that so my question is:
what are the students at London Met actually like?

Edit: I did look at other universities for clearing but city didn't have psychology and Brunel is 1 hour 45 away whereas London met is 25 minutes away from my house
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 1
You have a prejudicial view of what 'disadvantaged' means. It is to do with poverty, family situation, and disability- it has nothing to do with how dedicated or not they are to their work. Cop yourself on.

The answer is that the student body anywhere is a broad church. There will be nice people and there will be rude people. Such is life in the real world. You just have to get on with it.
(edited 8 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending