The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Law at York

Hey all,
I’ve applied for law at Kent, Sussex, Lancaster, Southampton and York.
I’ve got all 4 offers back and Southampton which is my other Russel group, but York hasn’t given me back an offer yet, does anybody know how long they take? For context, I applied in late November.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Agnes8293747
Hey all,
I’ve got all 4 offers back and Southampton which is my other Russel group, but York hasn’t given me back an offer yet, does anybody know how long they take? For context, I applied in late November.

you will get an offer from them soon (i applied to york for linguistics)! they might be waiting for all other law applicants or there might be a buildup of applications as law is a very popular course!! amazing unis btw ❤️
University of York
York
Reply 2
Original post by emm4nuella
you will get an offer from them soon (i applied to york for linguistics)! they might be waiting for all other law applicants or there might be a buildup of applications as law is a very popular course!! amazing unis btw ❤️

Thank you so much and good luck on your offer from York as well, it’s an incredible place and well done!
Hoping I get one soon x
Thank you so much and good luck on your offer from York as well, it’s an incredible place and well done!
Hoping I get one soon x

you will :biggrin:
Reply 4
Hey all,

Hi there I received an offer from York on 21st December, I had to complete an online form and heard back with contextual offer within 24 hours.
Reply 5
Original post by Hudson76
Hi there I received an offer from York on 21st December, I had to complete an online form and heard back with contextual offer within 24 hours.

When did you apply if you don’t mind me asking?
Reply 6
When did you apply if you don’t mind me asking?

I applied in October
Hey all,

Hi @Agnes8293747 ,
Congrats on your offers, hope you hear back from York soon! I'm currently in my 3rd year studying Geography at Lancaster, so if you have any questions about what studying at Lancaster is like or about university life in general, feel free to ask!
-Jasmine (Lancaster Student Ambassador)
Reply 8
Original post by Lancaster Student Ambassador
Hi @Agnes8293747 ,
Congrats on your offers, hope you hear back from York soon! I'm currently in my 3rd year studying Geography at Lancaster, so if you have any questions about what studying at Lancaster is like or about university life in general, feel free to ask!
-Jasmine (Lancaster Student Ambassador)

Hey Jasmine, thank you for getting back to me 🙂
What is Lancaster like as a city as I’ve never been there? Is it lively and full of nightlife or quite quiet? Thank you!
Hi @Agnes8293747

Congratulations on your offers! Universities can take up to May to give out offers. When I was applying, I got my offer for the University of Southampton in April.

In the meantime, if you have any questions about the University of Southampton, I would be happy to answer.

Best Wishes,
Gulcin
2nd Year PPE Student
University of Southampton
Reply 10
Original post by Uni of Southampton Students
Hi @Agnes8293747

Congratulations on your offers! Universities can take up to May to give out offers. When I was applying, I got my offer for the University of Southampton in April.

In the meantime, if you have any questions about the University of Southampton, I would be happy to answer.

Best Wishes,
Gulcin
2nd Year PPE Student

Thank you Gulcin!
Again I haven’t been to Southampton so what’s the city like, is it lively? What’s the nightlife like? Would be nice to get a students perspective!
Thank you Gulcin!
Again I haven’t been to Southampton so what’s the city like, is it lively? What’s the nightlife like? Would be nice to get a students perspective!

Hi,

The city is quite lively as there is a large student population in Southampton as there are two universities there. There is lots to do - there are many different nightclubs and bars. There is also events hosted by the Student Union on Campus in the evenings. In addition, there are 200+ societies where you will have the opportunity to meet likeminded people. They also host a variety of socials.

Southampton is a very easy to navigate. You get a free bus pass for the year when staying in the halls of residence so it is free and easy to travel around.

I would recommend attending one of the Offer Holder Days this year and walking around the city to get an idea of what Southampton is like. You should get an email explaining how to book.

Hope this helps. Feel free to ask any other questions.

Gulcin
2nd Year PPE Student
Reply 12
Hey all,

Hey! York law has said they aren't giving out offers until the 31st of January, so it'll be soon! I've also applied to Southampton and York, which uni are you leaning towards? x
Reply 13
Original post by gxmma
Hey! York law has said they aren't giving out offers until the 31st of January, so it'll be soon! I've also applied to Southampton and York, which uni are you leaning towards? x

Thank you so much that makes me feel slightly at ease! I’m not sure I’m a fan of both, I think York purely for the surrounding and city and that their learning is made up of PBL x
You??
Reply 14
Original post by gxmma

Hi there I received a contextual offer for law on 20th Dec
Reply 15
Hi there I received a contextual offer for law on 20th Dec

That's strange. Everyone else I've met said they received the same email as me! Are you international by chance? Have you been given an interview?
Reply 16
Thank you so much that makes me feel slightly at ease! I’m not sure I’m a fan of both, I think York purely for the surrounding and city and that their learning is made up of PBL x
You??

Im kinda scared the PBL isn't for me. Both seem amazing but yeah I agree York is beautiful! I've always had my mind on York :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by gxmma
That's strange. Everyone else I've met said they received the same email as me! Are you international by chance? Have you been given an interview?

No im a home student, received the link for the interview on the 19th Dec (not really an interview you have to watch a video and then agree to the learning style before 8th Jan)
I completed this on 19th and got the offer of ABB next day.
Reply 18
Original post by gxmma
Im kinda scared the PBL isn't for me. Both seem amazing but yeah I agree York is beautiful! I've always had my mind on York :smile:

York as a city just seems better for me and it’s always been high on my list 🙂 if the PBL isn’t for you I’ve heard that it does make up a big aspect of the course at York!
Reply 19
No im a home student, received the link for the interview on the 19th Dec (not really an interview you have to watch a video and then agree to the learning style before 8th Jan)
I completed this on 19th and got the offer of ABB next day.

By the learning style do they mean PBL?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending