The Student Room Group

Spanish Reading paper OCR - how was it????

Hi guys, just wondering how you found the Spanish reading paper today. I thought the section 2 was dead easy, but the section 3 was like WTH especially the Manolo question at the end and the questions about the environment.....Just wondering how you all found it and what answers you got????

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It was pretty easy... but yeah, some of the environment questions were a bit wtf? I had more of my issues with that question than the last two...
Reply 2
what did you get for the last question for manolo?
Reply 3
malvika111
It was pretty easy... but yeah, some of the environment questions were a bit wtf? I had more of my issues with that question than the last two...

what did you get for the manolo questions??
Reply 4
cnt remember them completely- what were they and i'll let you know...

Edit: Ah okay... so I just asked a friend, and she told me most of the questions again

Manolo takes drums to every match
The people show their appreciation for him because the police, referees and the players turn a blind eye and don't tell him off and he can spend time at one place or another without being hassled
Earns money for his tickets through his business; owns a bar called 'museo de deporte' or something like that
He feels the colours of his country, which keeps him motivated (you'd probs get the mark for patriotism)

I think I'm missing the first question but i can't remember what it was, and I have no idea if these answers are right...

Hope that helps..
Reply 5
I put patriotism...
Reply 6
malvika111

What did he take to all the matches?
How did he make people feel?
Why will he continue to follow the footballers around?

cnt remember the others
Reply 7
oh yeah, how did he make people feel- animar i think - so he encouraged them...
Reply 8
malvika111

Edit: Ah okay... so I just asked a friend, and she told me most of the questions again

Manolo takes drums to every match
The people show their appreciation for him because the police, referees and the players turn a blind eye and don't tell him off and he can spend time at one place or another without being hassled
Earns money for his tickets through his business; owns a bar called 'museo de deporte' or something like that
He feels the colours of his country, which keeps him motivated (you'd probs get the mark for patriotism)

I think I'm missing the first question but i can't remember what it was, and I have no idea if these answers are right...

Hope that helps..

Yeah that does help thanks :smile:
Reply 9
okay so i found this exam HARD
section one was so easy but section two was dreadful ... the environment and the ufo thing
do you think the grade boundaries will be high or low?
What was this question asking: 'Como piensa ayudar Tele-'?

I said that God spurred him to following his team. Do you think that is wrong then?

Also, in the UFO question, when they asked from whom the pilot asked permission to land the plane, what did you say? I put down the airport but I thought that it could have also been the passengers...
I thought it was alright and everyone in my class thought it wasn't brilliant but not really that difficult. But apparently, most of the people on this thread found it hard so...

Well, last year's paper was pretty hard and I think the A* boundary was 42, which is quite low; I reckon it'll be around the same for this year.

Worrier12345
What was this question asking: 'Como piensa ayudar Tele-'?

I said that God spurred him to following his team. Do you think that is wrong then?

Also, in the UFO question, when they asked from whom the pilot asked permission to land the plane, what did you say? I put down the airport but I thought that it could have also been the passengers...

Erm... I think it was how did Telecom help that celebrity (David whats-his-name) with what he was doing, or how did the concert help Telecom... something about recording a cd and the majority of their profits went to the cause

Patriotism is what I put- colours of his country, but yeah, I know others in my class who put God.

And the pilot asked the control tower for permission to land, so must've been the airport...
malvika111
Erm... I think it was how did Telecom help that celebrity (David whats-his-name) with what he was doing, or how did the concert help Telecom... something about recording a cd and the majority of their profits went to the cause

Patriotism is what I put- colours of his country, but yeah, I know others in my class who put God.

And the pilot asked the control tower for permission to land, so must've been the airport...

Thank you! :smile:
Reply 13
For the UFO question, where was the plane? was it near mallorca? :s-smilie:

did any of you else find it easier than our mock? (2009 paper)
momories
For the UFO question, where was the plane? was it near mallorca? :s-smilie:

did any of you else find it easier than our mock? (2009 paper)

Yeah, it was... on top of Mallorca to be specific (I think!)... it was bout the same in my opinion. Usually, they give a hard listening and an easy reading or vice versa, but i think this year, the reading and the listening were both okay-ish...
yea i thought the test was alright, i should come out with a B or an A overall, i got english lit to worry about tomorow haha
James A
yea i thought the test was alright, i should come out with a B or an A overall, i got english lit to worry about tomorow haha

Ditto :woo:
Reply 17
it was THE WORST EXAM I HAVE EVER DONE!
i swear down section three was the biggest killer. manolo can go awayyy argh
and UFO one was terrible
as was medio ambiente.
who'se scared for writing now after the terrible reading and listenings?!
Hmm..
I don't think my reading or listening exams went particularly well. The reading wasn't so bad, I just cocked up on the Manolo questions big-style. I understood pretty much the rest of it, although I did guess two answers on the bit where you have to answer in Spanish.
The listening.. it was awful. Absolutely dreadful. People doing the Foundation paper were in the room next door, and we could hear their tape over the top of ours /).< As I was doing the paper, I felt like just getting up and walking out, I knew I didn't gain many marks on the last two pages.
My coursework and speaking are both good, though. Coursework's a solid A*, and my teacher said I most likely got an A* in the speaking, so I'm hoping that can balance out the poor performance in the other two exams.. hoping for an A, fingers crossed.

Now to do the German reading and listening...
i like spanish, dont wanna do it for a level though

Spoiler

Latest

Trending

Trending