The Student Room Group
Reply 1
trindudaisy
Hi - No one has made one up for advanced yet - so I thought I would?

What do you feel is going to come up?

Also wondering if someone could help me out with this Question from 2004 paper.

It is Question 1diii) in data analysis Question. Asks about how data from the two treatment groups is random. The answer is that in both groups, pre-treatment responses to isoprenaline procedure are about zero/the same/only differ slightly.

How does that work?:eek3:

As both groups act in the same way without treatment they must be similar individuals so not picked so that one group responds in a way different to the other. If I think of a better way of explaining I will post it but I'm tired and can't get to sleep at the mo.
Reply 2
I've not really started revising for bio...
I've got a WHOLE day to sort it all out.
Reply 3
Yeah, basically as I said in my sleep deprived state last night you have to look at the pretreatment lines, they are virtually the same meaning the subjects must be similar so have been picked randomly rather than so one group will appear to respond better than the other (because it started with a bigger voltage pre-treatment) :smile:

So glad they have changed the format so you only get one 15 mark essay q - hated doing 2004, I got 7/15, 15/15 and 4/15 in the 3 essay sections when i did for the first time!
Reply 4
scotty dog

Thanks for solutions- think i've done alright except for q8.....thanks rabbit- you 2. I'm worried about essays too but there was a bitch of a DNA one last year so at least that won't come up....best case scenario- essay on nitrogen cycle/succession (which i used to hate)/ something like grazing + parasitism etc.

Agree essaywise (though at least you have a choice of which one you do).

We did physiology, health and exercise - what unit 3 option did you guys do?
Physiology, health and exercise is pretty easy and has fun practicals - heart/lung dissections and exercise testing (we even got to go to a university exercise testing department and did VO2 maxs).
Reply 5
TheRabbit
Yeah, basically as I said in my sleep deprived state last night you have to look at the pretreatment lines, they are virtually the same meaning the subjects must be similar so have been picked randomly rather than so one group will appear to respond better than the other (because it started with a bigger voltage pre-treatment) :smile:

So glad they have changed the format so you only get one 15 mark essay q - hated doing 2004, I got 7/15, 15/15 and 4/15 in the 3 essay sections when i did for the first time!

Thank - you that helps........I hate data analysis!!!
Reply 6
IM SO SCAREDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!! ....hows everyone feeling for tomorrow..???? any ideas for what will come up in the essays...unit 1 or 2?? i hope its unit 2 its soo much easier.. :smile: X
exam is over :smile: i found it really easy actually.. how did everyone else do?? :biggrin:
i thought it was great the essay question on fossil fuel and air pollution was a beast!

fingers crossed for an A!
Reply 9
clare_davidson
exam is over :smile: i found it really easy actually.. how did everyone else do?? :biggrin:

There is a post exam discussion thread if you haven't found it, I would post a link but I'm on my ipod :smile:
TheRabbit
There is a post exam discussion thread if you haven't found it, I would post a link but I'm on my ipod :smile:

ah ok :smile: thanks i had a look but this was the only related thing i could find..i'll have another look
I couldn't find a post exam discussion either...

I thought the exam went pretty well :biggrin: The essays were orrite... I did the one about Acid Rain and Enery Fixation... which seems like the most unpopular one chosen xD Oh well

Latest

Trending

Trending