The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
grange789
Ok cheers for the advice :smile: What study materials would you advise me to use (HW Scholar, Leckie and Leckie etc)?

I used past papers before the prelim/exam. Beyond that I can't really advise you because I didn't study :o:
Reply 21
ladyhoot
I used past papers before the prelim/exam. Beyond that I can't really advise you because I didn't study :o:

Haha sounds like good preparation lol. Cheers for the advice :biggrin:
Reply 22
If you have done Higher Maths then it will be easily do-able. I crashed it this year and im hoping for a B and doing Advanced next year. They go thhrough everything from standard grade you need to know and the scholar notes are really helpful as well.
grange789
Hi, I'm just finishing 5th year at high school in Scotland and was wondering how difficult it is to crash higher physics :confused: I studied higher chemistry this year and found it quite easy, and was just wondering if anyone has studied both higher chemistry and physics and could draw any comparisons between their difficulties.

You can definitely crash Higher Physics successfully especially if you found Higher Chemistry quite easy, but obviously you have to put a bit of effort in to ensure that. If you want to, you could do a little Int 2/Higher catch-up over the summer to get more familiar with terms and formulae used in Physics.

There are more calculations involved in Higher Physics but they are a lot less complex than the ones in Higher Chemistry! And as someone already pointed, the last topic in Unit 3 of Higher Chemistry is very similar to the last half of Unit 3 in Physics. If you've got Intermediate 2/Standard Grade (Credit) Maths too then you shouldn't find the mathsy side of Physics difficult; only simple trig etc. I didn't feel any particular unit/topic of the Higher course was very difficult but most people have their favourites. :p:

If you're going to look through an Int 2 book, I recommend this one as it isn't too complicated so it should be easy to understand and it covers all the basics you need to know for Higher:

Intermediate 2 Physics Success Guide

Spoiler

If you want, you could try to familiarise yourself with the formulae used in Intermediate 2/Standard Grade/Higher too: http://www.sqa.org.uk/files_ccc/Physics_data_booklet.pdf

Also, if you want a good revision book for Higher, I think Bright Red Revision: Higher Physics book is great.

Spoiler

Good luck. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending