The Student Room Group

How to answer OCR A SHP questions?

Well the History exam is tomorrow and I'm taking the OCR A School's Own History Project (Medicine and American West) and I was wondering if I anyone had any exam tips or paticularly exam technique advice. I thought I'd got this sorted with one teacher only to hand in a paper to another one and they gave me 80%, when as far as I was aware it should have been a fair bit higher. Apparently my "contextual knowledge" and "use of the sources" could be better, even though I quoted them and wrote indepth.

So any tips?
Reply 1
Oh god, but the contextual knowledge and ability to use the sources is everything! I'm super nervous too though. Did they tell you which areas you needed to improve in, as in which periods?
Remember when looking at sources to assess how reliable it is, and therefore how useful it may be. My teacher told me that sometimes the source won't be /too/ useful in answering the question, so don't be afraid to point out if you think a source holds little relevance - examiners like that.
Reply 2
Isn't the source of the source (as it were) and it's reliability in Paper 2 though? As for periods not really, I get the feeling Greece and Rome will be the easiest to answer as I don't need any "specific contextual knowledge" for that.

Latest

Trending

Trending