The Student Room Group

C2 June 2010 (Edexcel) - Solutions and Paper in the OP

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
should be A1 or even A2 (two answer marks) if the examiners are generous, in other words you received at least 5/6 marks on that questio nor 4/5, not sure if it was 5 or 6 marks
I did write 190.9 down but crossed it out, I may kick myself :grr:
I think I got the last question wrong

I got the answer 20, because I thought that the line went through the MP :frown:
Reply 43
solutions now in the first post
Reply 44
dam i worked out tanx=2/5 n got 68.3 n 243. will i get sum marks for it?
I cannot take the suspense, need markscheme :|

On a cheery note, on the radians question what did you get for c) and d), c) was to find a lenght and d) was to find the area of the sector.
4F1
dam i worked out tanx=2/5 n got 68.3 n 243. will i get sum marks for it?

EXACTLY what I did. :facepalm:
Reply 47
i doubt you will get any marks for that

How do you edit the title of a thread?

EDIT - This was alightly harder than June 08 and that was 67 for an A.
Reply 48
emilylikeeee
I cannot take the suspense, need markscheme :|

On a cheery note, on the radians question what did you get for c) and d), c) was to find a lenght and d) was to find the area of the sector.

check out the first post
Reply 49
There were loads of ways of answering the last question.

I heard of someone working out the equation for l2 (pretty easy) and then making y the subject and subtituting into the equation for C. Expanding, solving the quadratic to find the x values of P and Q - then the coordinates - then Pythagoras to find the length. It must have taken ages.
Reply 50
i found june 08 easier. It matters about how well all students did, i fink it wz quite a hard paper
Reply 51
i can't see the mark scheme :frown: anyone having similar problems?
Reply 52
cheers for the mark scheme arsey, what do you think the UMS will be? Im very, very happy that i got question 5 correct, 67/75 looks like my grade, which is disappointing, but its enough for the A* i need!!
Arsey
i doubt you will get any marks for that

How do you edit the title of a thread?

This was easier than June 08 and that was 67 for an A.

If you let me know what you want it as I can change it for you. Otherwise I think if you edit the original OP and go advanced, you should be able to edit that way.

Thanks for the scheme.

I got 4B right, zomg I got to the point I hit a stumbling block and thought I'd put down the number that makes sense which was +-5, may not get a method mark but who cares :moon:
Reply 54
Damn. Mucked up the trig question, did tanx = 5/2 :frown: My method was right for b) though, I just got all the wrong answers, so I might get one out of the six marks for that question? IDK.

Also got k > 32 right at first, but crossed my answer out ¬_¬

67-68/75, not too bad, but could have been full marks *sigh*
Reply 55
4F1
i found june 08 easier. It matters about how well all students did, i fink it wz quite a hard paper

sorry, I meant this was harder.
Reply 56
dalia13
i can't see the mark scheme :frown: anyone having similar problems?

It is in the first post in this thread.
Reply 58
htn
cheers for the mark scheme arsey, what do you think the UMS will be? Im very, very happy that i got question 5 correct, 67/75 looks like my grade, which is disappointing, but its enough for the A* i need!!

you can not get an A* in AS Maths.

for an A* in A2 Maths you need 180 or more UMS from C3 and C4
I read the question wrong, and I worked out AB (With substituted of quadractics and everything!)

:facepalm: Overall, it was a medium difficult;y test, think that it would be about 59 for an A.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending