The Student Room Group

Mr M's Edexcel GCSE Linear Higher Calculator June 2010 Answers Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
thank you Mr M :biggrin: it is very much appreciated I got about 78 in the non calculator and 86 in this one what would my grade roughly be based on the average mark of 82? just as an idea of course :smile:
Scorpiaz
would describing random sampling as "a method of sampling that has no formula behind it" be correct?

err ... down to the discretion of the marker, I don't think I would credit that
lilGem
thank you Mr M :biggrin: it is very much appreciated I got about 78 in the non calculator and 86 in this one what would my grade roughly be based on the average mark of 82? just as an idea of course :smile:

A grade
On number 15a why isnt the answer -3, -2, -1, 0, 1 I included the number -1 in my answer. please could you tell me if this is just a human error of yours or did i make a mistake? Thanks a lot Mr m
Reply 24
Question 20 did you use the sine rule???

Anyone?
Reply 25
I put for random sampling: 'Doing a survey by questioning people they dont know, it could be anyone' is this right?

And the next part I said put all stamps into a non-see through container and pick out 10 stamps.

Are these two answers correct?
Flopped -.-
TheWonderKid
On number 15a why isnt the answer -3, -2, -1, 0, 1 I included the number -1 in my answer. please could you tell me if this is just a human error of yours or did i make a mistake? Thanks a lot Mr m

just a typo, fixed it now, don't stress!
Sivii
Question 20 did you use the sine rule???

Anyone?

You could do. It was easier to use SOHCAHTOA.
Reply 29
Mr M isn't it meant to be alternate angles for q.5?
and thanks so much!!!
Mr M

seems I got the 100, but just to confirm, does the angle bisector make an angle of pi/4 and only have a length equal to the length of the line AB? Thanks once again, I did all three papers that you marked today :mmm:
Reply 31
Mr M
You could do. It was easier to use SOHCAHTOA.

Do you by any chance remember the figures so i could quickly check my answer if thats okay?
RVS2009
I put for random sampling: 'Doing a survey by questioning people they dont know, it could be anyone' is this right?

And the next part I said put all stamps into a non-see through container and pick out 10 stamps.

Are these two answers correct?

first bit I don't think is clear enough but the second part is fine
"10. Probability
(a) 0.2 (2 marks)
(b) 150 (2 marks)"

Isn't 0.2 x 500 = 100, not 150 :s-smilie:

"13. Plans and elevations
(a) Front : a rectangle 4 cm across and 1 cm high (2 marks)"
Is it not 2cm high as you can see the very front, but also as the back is 2cm high, it steadily rises so you'd see both?

"21. (b) 352 (3 marks)"
That is 147.5+147.5+28.5+28.5, I did the 28.5's but added 150 twice instead, any marks for working?

"23. Similar shapes"
All I wrote was the '25:9' before going off on some random crap, assuming they were spheres for some reason. Any marks?

"27. Graph transformations
(a) (1 mark)
(b) (4,3) (2 marks)
"
For b) I assumed it was reflected in the wrong axis, putting '-4, -3' is that any marks :frown:

I've got about 87% on that one, and 84% ish on the other. Do you think I'll have definitely missed A* or is there a chance :frown:
tehforum
I had the correct answer in my head and decided it must be wrong and put (4,-3). Meh.

I got (4, -1.5) LOL <
Mr M
yes

Have you seen the modular paper also?
Reply 36
for 13b) i drew 3cm across and 4cm high, instead of 4cm across and 3cm high, would i still get the mark? thanks for this too, very helpful!
Sivii
Do you by any chance remember the figures so i could quickly check my answer if thats okay?

16 metre side facing 90 degree angle and side AB facing (90 - 58) degree angle.
Reply 38
ok if i got
86 and 87
for the paper 1 and 2
does that average to be an A?
Someone please answer!
Reply 39
I got similar to that.

I think I got 84% and 88%, I hope its an A*. What do you think Mr.M?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending