The Student Room Group
Reply 1
im doing the restless earth, water on land and coasts: my questions will be based on using skills (map reading) as well as comparing some form of LEDC to MEDC or managing the effects of something or other. Case studies are an absolute must!
Reply 2
im doing the ECOTOWN one... and i think u have to chose the best ecotown for the final question and then the rest of it you just refer it to the book. that's wot we got told by our teacher.
Reply 3
Has anyone else found that this DME is perhaps the most boring one that's been used over the last few years? >.<
Yeah, I'm doing the Ecotown one as well. Apparently, other topics in the 'whole' topic will come up such as the Nike controversy over workers because it all comes into the 'Planning for Change' subject.
Reply 5
Is it true that the "Employment " topic is not going to be in the main paper?

which ecotown do u all think shud be the best one to go for and y do u guys prefer it?

i know its our own opinion but want to find weather it will be a good choice.
I can't find my sheet at the moment but I think I preferred Micheldever.
Reply 7
would you mind giving me some reasons if you can think of any ....

. same i thought it as welll.......

but you know ecotown C has got more more greenspace. ..what do you think about that?
Although it was built on greenfield site, I think Micheldever was, it can be built quicker and it looks more organised than the other two sites.
Monster Mnch
Yeah, I'm doing the Ecotown one as well. Apparently, other topics in the 'whole' topic will come up such as the Nike controversy over workers because it all comes into the 'Planning for Change' subject.

Seriously?! I haven't been told that...
Micheldever has the biggest site with more jobs + affordable homes but may cause conflicts with local people...

Town C has good social spaces and facilities...but poor road links...
Monster Mnch
Although it was built on greenfield site, I think Micheldever was, it can be built quicker and it looks more organised than the other two sites.

Thanks, if so what would be the disadvantages to the other two then ?
Reply 12
yeah, can we go through advantages and disadvantages for each? :smile:
Reply 13
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7327395.stm

"Ministers have rejected plans to build "eco-towns" on three controversial sites in Hampshire, Oxfordshire and Derbyshire, the BBC has learned.

Micheldever Station, Grovewood in Derbyshire national forest and Shipton Quarry are among 40 rejected applications, sources say.

Most were on greenbelt land, threatened wildlife or were similar to projects previously denied planning permission."

Bear this in mind.
Danyarl
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7327395.stm

"Ministers have rejected plans to build "eco-towns" on three controversial sites in Hampshire, Oxfordshire and Derbyshire, the BBC has learned.

Micheldever Station, Grovewood in Derbyshire national forest and Shipton Quarry are among 40 rejected applications, sources say.

Most were on greenbelt land, threatened wildlife or were similar to projects previously denied planning permission."

Bear this in mind.

Oh yeah, Shipton Quarry was another one on the paper wasn't it?

Latest

Trending

Trending