The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Delta_Aitch

Thoughts?

OMFG, I cannot wait! More excited about GoT Season 2 than I am about all other things coming out this year (e.g. Mass Effect 3, The Hobbit) put together! The trailer looks amazing! I especially loved Varys's line "a very small man can cast a very big shadow" - very fitting since this is Tyrion's best book/season. I really can't wait to see the Battle of the Blackwater, but I'm just worried about whether they have the budget to make it as epic as it is in the book. I hope Stannis is as badass as he is in the books as well!

But why is Littlefinger with Catelyn in the trailer? I'm pretty sure they don't meet in this book...
Trailer looks really good. I'm just looking forward to more Daenerys.

And, of course, the several intertwining plots, back stabbing characters and 'I can't believe that just happened' twists but mainly more Daenerys. :pierre:
Reply 782
'Power resides where men believe it resides'

Bloody love it. Can't wait for April 2nd. I don't think they'll show the Battle of Blackwater, they didn't show the massive battle in the last series, probably for budget reasons.
Original post by Super Cicero
very fitting since this is Tyrion's best book/season. book...

Spoiler

(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Ben,
'Power resides where men believe it resides'

Bloody love it. Can't wait for April 2nd. I don't think they'll show the Battle of Blackwater, they didn't show the massive battle in the last series, probably for budget reasons.

To be fair both battles in book 1 were neither massive nor seen from a primary account. One was a skirmish, the other an ambush and both ended quickly and we learn about them after they happened so I understand the series not showing them either. The Battle of Blackwater is covered indepth from three viewpoints across multiple chapters in the book so it would be a crime to skip over it.
Reply 785
Original post by Some random guy
To be fair both battles in book 1 were neither massive nor seen from a primary account. One was a skirmish, the other an ambush and both ended quickly and we learn about them after they happened so I understand the series not showing them either. The Battle of Blackwater is covered indepth from three viewpoints across multiple chapters in the book so it would be a crime to skip over it.

Fair point, can't argue with that. Looking forward to seeing how they do it though, should be fantastic.
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Trailer looks really good. I'm just looking forward to more Daenerys.

And, of course, the several intertwining plots, back stabbing characters and 'I can't believe that just happened' twists but mainly more Daenerys. :pierre:

Don't wanna spoil but this isn't exactly the most eventful book/season for Daenerys's storyline, especially when compared to Book 1 and 3.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

I cam buckets, but it starts while I'm hitchhiking round Europe :frown:

Ironically i'll probably be visiting the city they used for King's Landing.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Super Cicero
Don't wanna spoil but this isn't exactly the most eventful book/season for Daenerys's storyline, especially when compared to Book 1 and 3.

Ah yeah, having read all the books, I know. Tbh, most of Daenery's story goes round in a huge circle for books 2-5. But I was referring to my more visual appreciation for the actress and her on-screen presence. :moon:
Emilia Clarke is gorgeous :daydreaming:

So excited for this.
I wish it would hurry up and start!
Reply 791
Exciting stuff...

Having just finished the Malazan Book of the Fallen, ASoIaF is really vague in my memory, time to start rereading soon :yep:
Not looking forward to

Spoiler

:s-smilie:
Reply 793
Original post by Fjarskafinn
Not looking forward to

Spoiler

:s-smilie:

:mmm:

Spoiler

Anyone else think the Melisandre actress doesn't look right? Maybe I just didn't read the description of her in the books properly, but if that's her when Varys says "a priest" then I am disappoint :/
Reply 795
Original post by Spider Pig
Anyone else think the Melisandre actress doesn't look right? Maybe I just didn't read the description of her in the books properly, but if that's her when Varys says "a priest" then I am disappoint :/

I expected her to have more fiery red hair and to be someone who you just truly can't take your eyes off. Of course, it would be a little hard to get an actress to fit that bill exactly but... I feel they could have done slightly better, perhaps.

Still, we only saw a very brief glimpse of her, perhaps they've made her look more entrancing/"priestly" with regards to costumes. I don't think I caught sight of a red ruby though.
wow! The trailer looks fantastic. I cant wait it for it start!

i will miss Khal Drogo though :frown:

(Ofcourse his death was necessary for the story to move forward.)
Original post by aliluvschoc
I expected her to have more fiery red hair and to be someone who you just truly can't take your eyes off. Of course, it would be a little hard to get an actress to fit that bill exactly but... I feel they could have done slightly better, perhaps.

Still, we only saw a very brief glimpse of her, perhaps they've made her look more entrancing/"priestly" with regards to costumes. I don't think I caught sight of a red ruby though.

I think this is her giving birth to the shadow baby:
http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/3448/1327890813241.png

I spies a ruby. But yeah, we'll have to give her a fair chance, it's less than 2 seconds of footage of her!
Reply 798
I think this is her giving birth to the shadow baby:
http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/3448/1327890813241.png

I spies a ruby. But yeah, we'll have to give her a fair chance, it's less than 2 seconds of footage of her!

Ahh so she is wearing it.

Yeah that scene is going to be odd, looking forward to seeing how they've worked it out!

Pretty sure that is Melisandre, she fits the image I had in my head quite well;

Spoiler

Latest