The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I always think about it, but unfortunately my inability to drive and living in the middle of no where, simpyly means its easier to go with people who can drive.

But the only problem is when I go with my family we alwasy go with another family [it sounds confusing but it's like we're just one big unrelated family] and they have a)Crap taste in films ['Oh, I don't want to see Inviticus, it will be boring] and b)The mother has an inability to sit still through a film, always falls asleep and never understands the film because she's useless.

Like she didn't understand Twilight [see, the crap choice in film and her inability to understand is demonstrated perfectly here...]
The art centre where I work shows art house and foreign films (though it has been known to show all sorts of films, I went to see Zombieland once, and it showed Alice in Wonderland) and I often go on my own because I get free tickets. There's nothing like settling down on my own in the comfy chair after a hectic day working. Though, I did have a bit of an uncomfortable experience when I went to see the Kreutzer Sonata on my own haha. I don't think I'd want to go to a big cinema though, it would feel weird.
i go on my own as i don't see a vast problem with it, i don't mind being in a big group or anything but if u go by yourself a just a couple of close m8s u don't have to worry about finding something everyone likes and people compromising to be with friends in a dark room not talking for over 2 hours, also some people try and get others to pay for them so if u go on your own u have one person to pay for. i'm at uni so going to a big cinema isn't a problem as most people are busy during the day
Reply 43
Yes, all the time... specifically this one: http://www.procella.citymax.com/installs.html

So cool :-)
skunky x
I always think about it, but unfortunately my inability to drive and living in the middle of no where, simpyly means its easier to go with people who can drive.

But the only problem is when I go with my family we alwasy go with another family [it sounds confusing but it's like we're just one big unrelated family] and they have a)Crap taste in films ['Oh, I don't want to see Inviticus, it will be boring] and b)The mother has an inability to sit still through a film, always falls asleep and never understands the film because she's useless.

Like she didn't understand Twilight [see, the crap choice in film and her inability to understand is demonstrated perfectly here...]

:eek: Oh no you didn't! :lol: Twilight :love: Edward Cullen :yep:
Reply 45
James4d
It's just... why go on your own? Going to the cinema is meant to be sociable. I like having people to talk about the movie with afterwards, and laugh with during. It's just more fun. If you really want to watch a movie by yourself why not download or rent a movie and watch it at home?
If you really want to watch a movie with friends why not download or rent a movie and watch it at home?
Reply 46
CookieDoughLove
:eek: Oh no you didn't! :lol: Twilight :love: Edward Cullen :yep:

... DIsappointment.

I will be honest, have read all the books, seen all the films, but even so, I can stil not call it good for anything other than making teen girls swoon.
I've done it once... No different to going with a group of people.
Don't see nothing wrong with it.

Doubt I'll do it again, cinema is way too expensive these days. Although it could possibly happen when I'm craving salted popcorn from cineworld:smile:
I also go on my own. To be honest those who go with their friends and make loads of noise during the film are more likely to be judged than those who go by themselves :smile:. And i always go to the busier ones. I like crowded places, especially at the cinema, it gives more feeling to the film.
Reply 49
AP1989
I've never done this before, not that I'd have a problem with it. I'd just never be bothered, if there's a film I'm desperate to see the chances are at least one of my friends wants to see it as well. I watch plenty of films alone at home though.

Same.
But but but I'll come and watch films with you at home! :o:
Reply 50
GdotL
Same.
But but but I'll come and watch films with you at home! :o:

But then you fall asleep! :frown:

The laughing bit is you - :bubbles:
Yeah i do sometimes. I mainly do it because otherwise my friends will try and talk to me throughout the film, or i will have to watch what they want to watch, which will turn out to be rubbish. So then i would have paid a fortune to watch some crappy film.
Reply 52
I really don't get what the big deal is about doing things alone, especially the cinema and meals. It's such a childish attitude to have, reminds me of school days - you know where people would always ask one of their friends to go with them if they had to walk 50 metres somewhere? :facepalm2:

Having said that, I do think it would seem a lot less weird seing a male adult out on his own than seeing a girl out on her own.
Reply 53
GPL1989
I really don't get what the big deal is about doing things alone, especially the cinema and meals. It's such a childish attitude to have, reminds me of school days - you know where people would always ask one of their friends to go with them if they had to walk 50 metres somewhere? :facepalm2:

Having said that, I do think it would seem a lot less weird seing a male adult out on his own than seeing a girl out on her own.

Agreed, I can't really explain why though.
Reply 54
I usually go with someone but to be honest I'd prefer it on my own. I like dissecting the film afterwards with someone, but that's about it. I can't stand noisy people in cinemas, I feel like screaming at them to shut up. Films should be watched without talking, so it doesn't really make a difference if you're on your own, apart from before/after.
AP1989
I've never done this before, not that I'd have a problem with it. I'd just never be bothered, if there's a film I'm desperate to see the chances are at least one of my friends wants to see it as well. I watch plenty of films alone at home though.

You took the words right out of my mouth :mmm:

I want to go to the cinema on my own more often though. I never pay attention when I'm with my friends.
CookieDoughLove
Does anyone here do that?

I do it all the time. Not because I have no one to go with, because I do - but I choose to go on my own. I think I prefer going on my own to going with other people. I'm quite happy to go see a movie on my own, with a big tub of popcorn - even horrors.

Does anyone else do this?

And for the other people who don't, what is your opinion of people who do that? Don't get me wrong, I don't care what you people think, you know, it's not going to affect me, i'm just curious as to what you think? Because I have a mate who says like "omg, i'd never do that", and my Gran sometimes says "awww do you have to go on your own", and it's like, well I don't need your pity for a start :p:

I worked in the cinema for over 2 years I'd say about 10% of people in each film came on there own. More often in the day times. It's more often than you think.
I watched films on my own all the time but that's mainly because I went in free (and still do) and I just chat to the staff when I'm going in and coming out. :smile:
Reply 57
Ive never done it, but it sounds soo nice. Damn Im going alone next time!
Reply 58
I do it all the time :smile: Sometimes I just want to go alone for some me time.
It depends on what movie I want to see though. If it is a movie I really want to see and I know my friends wont appreciate it like I do then I go by myself, otherwise they will just ruin the moment..
I actually prefer to go alone because a) my friends and I have different taste in movies, b) it is just easier, there's no schedules to work around and I can go whenever I want and see whatever I want without discussing it first, c) I like being alone and need some time for myself once in a while. It's awesome :biggrin:
best cinema time was when me and a friend at raw steak in the cinema when watching robin hood. was awesome

Latest

Trending

Trending