The Student Room Group

HEALTH AND SOCIAL CARE BTEC LEVEL 3 EXTENDED NATIONAL DIPLOMA September 2010

Scroll to see replies

OCR?
Hi everyone I am currently in my first year on the course. I have got all the pass grades and am working on Distinctions and Merits which I am finding challenging. When does everyone's work need to be in by? I wouldn't be surprised if everyone else has already finished lol.
Reply 22
Original post by Krissycontagious
OCR?

You doing Edexcel instead? or AQA even? for me we are doing the OCR ones xD
Reply 23
Original post by KingGoonIan
Hi everyone I am currently in my first year on the course. I have got all the pass grades and am working on Distinctions and Merits which I am finding challenging. When does everyone's work need to be in by? I wouldn't be surprised if everyone else has already finished lol.

Nice one! my second year starts this september, all my work will have to be in by Thursday June 14th 2012, how you finding it? what folders you done so far? enjoying any of them?
Original post by Dannus
Nice one! my second year starts this september, all my work will have to be in by Thursday June 14th 2012, how you finding it? what folders you done so far? enjoying any of them?

Maybe our course is slightly different I don't understand what you mean by folders?

As for enjoying the course: It's probably the best thing that has ever happened to me because,

I found my girlfriend on it
I have been on 2 wonderful placements and I got a job out of one of them.
I have found something I am actually good at.
I am way more confident now and I actually like getting up in the morning.

I pretty much love life at the moment and I haven't even got to University or become a paramedic or nurse yet!

What about yourself? You enjoying it all? What units have you found tough?
Reply 25
Original post by KingGoonIan
Maybe our course is slightly different I don't understand what you mean by folders?

As for enjoying the course: It's probably the best thing that has ever happened to me because,

I found my girlfriend on it
I have been on 2 wonderful placements and I got a job out of one of them.
I have found something I am actually good at.
I am way more confident now and I actually like getting up in the morning.

I pretty much love life at the moment and I haven't even got to University or become a paramedic or nurse yet!

What about yourself? You enjoying it all? What units have you found tough?

That's great man! this course must be one of the best things that has happened for you then =] and yeah it is going good, enjoying it compared to most others in the class :smile: The worst one so far has to be Unit 3 for me, but i'm doing it as an NVQ with OCR so we do folders of coursework for each unit that's what i mean lol :biggrin:
im on the Edexcel one i dontknow what OCR is lol.

BTEC Extended national diploma Health and social care (level 3)
Original post by Krissycontagious
im on the Edexcel one i dontknow what OCR is lol.

BTEC Extended national diploma Health and social care (level 3)

I'm on exactly the same one as you :wink:
Hey all stumbled upon this http://www.gapmedics.com/

Something that future nurses, midwifes and doctors can apply to for a placement in another country for 2 weeks or even months.
Reply 29
hi, i'm doing BTEC extended Diploma in health and social care with welsh bacc? starting this september, anyone doing the welsh bacc aswell?
Reply 30
Original post by H-M-C1990
hi, i'm doing BTEC extended Diploma in health and social care with welsh bacc? starting this september, anyone doing the welsh bacc aswell?

Hey there! I'm afraid i ain't mate but here is a group i made for health and social care diploma students http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/group.php?groupid=1476
One of the others might be.
i'm gonna start it this, this year :smile:
so hello everyone
Reply 32
Heya Vicki :smile: noticed you joined the group, what are you going for? Certificate, Diploma or Extended Diploma? If you need any help feel free to ask, 10/18 folders completed so far for me =D
I start back for my second year tomorrow. Ouch. Lol. Was on place at a day centre all last week
Hi There!

Can anyone help me out with Unit 2 please?? What did you have to do and was it hard? What did you like/dislike about it? Did your teachers do anything that made it especially interesting? What did you do in classes etc? Was the work hard?
Reply 35
Hey :smile: Im doing the H&SC BTEC Level 3 this year.. first year now.. Any advice? Also.. any good websites for the course? :smile:
Original post by Dannus
Heya Vicki :smile: noticed you joined the group, what are you going for? Certificate, Diploma or Extended Diploma? If you need any help feel free to ask, 10/18 folders completed so far for me =D

im doing the extended national diploma
im really nervous i havent done any assignments yet so dunno what to expect :redface:
Reply 37
Original post by Xx_ViiiCkiii_xX
im doing the extended national diploma
im really nervous i havent done any assignments yet so dunno what to expect :redface:

I'm sure you will be fine! In my first year i went about 3-4 months of hardly doing anything, but then i brought my up game and now on target to get the extended diploma. Takes a lot of time and effort, but all worth it in the end! :smile:
Original post by Dannus
I'm sure you will be fine! In my first year i went about 3-4 months of hardly doing anything, but then i brought my up game and now on target to get the extended diploma. Takes a lot of time and effort, but all worth it in the end! :smile:

if you dont mind me asking... what did you get then???
Reply 39
Original post by Xx_ViiiCkiii_xX
if you dont mind me asking... what did you get then???

I have a certificate at distinction level and i'm now 2 units away from diploma =)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending