The Student Room Group

My dumb butt of a boyfriend !! - Loan

Went round to my boyfriends' the other day, he is doing 3rd year Aerospace Engineering at Manchester and he started complaining that he hadn't heard anything from the loan company about this years loan so I thought I would look online for him...Found his ART ID and passwords etc and logged on and there was no file of him applying this year!

Looked through all his other loan stuff and found that the 2005/2006 application was still in the envelope it arrived in! ARGH! So I have filled it in online for him.....he's v.brainy but finds stuff like that boring and avoids it all costs. I only filled it in 2 days ago, obviously I expected nothing would have been done yet but does anyone know when he may expect to recieve his loan (we fully understand it will be later than usual)

I just want to know how long I will have to expect him to be sponging off of me before his own loan comes in?! I don't begrudge him the money but I really can't afford it! Will it be sometime after xmas?
You are a GREAT gf! :smile:
Reply 2
Lol he won't be saying that when I ring his neck! ARGH! lol
Pfft, I know loads of people who still haven't sent in their loan application. Shouldn't be too long before he gets it, although there's bound to be a big rush just before term kicks off...
tigger1430
Went round to my boyfriends' the other day, he is doing 3rd year Aerospace Engineering at Manchester and he started complaining that he hadn't heard anything from the loan company about this years loan so I thought I would look online for him...Found his ART ID and passwords etc and logged on and there was no file of him applying this year!

Looked through all his other loan stuff and found that the 2005/2006 application was still in the envelope it arrived in! ARGH! So I have filled it in online for him.....he's v.brainy but finds stuff like that boring and avoids it all costs. I only filled it in 2 days ago, obviously I expected nothing would have been done yet but does anyone know when he may expect to recieve his loan (we fully understand it will be later than usual)

I just want to know how long I will have to expect him to be sponging off of me before his own loan comes in?! I don't begrudge him the money but I really can't afford it! Will it be sometime after xmas?

Don't worry - I'm sure he'll get it before Xmas. A friend of mine started university last year after going through clearing and only applied for his loan the week before the start of term; he got his through at the beginning of November, and even that was after a massive cock-up generally with Student Finance. Considering that your boyf has received a loan for the past 2 years and the LEA has all his details, I would estimate that he should get it by the end of October... it is worth noting that some LEA's are more efficient than others though!
Reply 5
my application was received on the 6th July but my online status is something like "awaiting assessment"! i start uni next week :redface: did i send it in too late?
Yep, the deadline was May 31st wasn't it? I sent mine in about a month after you, so I'm not expecting it till end of October at least I guess. Kinda need it for new car though... Hmmm....
Reply 7
tigger1430

Depends on his LEA and how many last minute applications they've had.
Reply 8
Kingspharm
Yep, the deadline was May 31st wasn't it? I sent mine in about a month after you, so I'm not expecting it till end of October at least I guess. Kinda need it for new car though... Hmmm....

I think may was the deadline if you wanted a income assessed loan but i just wanted the non assessed loan :redface: looks like mum will have to write me a cheque!
Hehe, I guess I was lucky...I sent mine in at the beginning of August and received all the documentation and approval/confirmation letter 3 weeks later. You guys should all move to Merton LEA.

Latest

Trending

Trending