The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
I would so kill for an A* :lockstock:
Reply 81
Farhan.Hanif93
No problem. Don't worry if you can't understand complex numbers yet because you're just a year 11 :smile:. A good indicator of whether or not you would be suitable for a top university maths course would be the fact that you found the A-Level easy. I'm hoping for something similar and I find the Maths A-Level incredibly easy... You may also want to look at some more interesting stuff which you can access with the A-Level content once you've covered it all i.e. STEP, AEA etc. You won't be able to do any of them now because you simply don't know the stuff so when you get to that stage you know what to do. You didn't mention that you wanted to do maths at a top uni so I assumed you were an ordinary Maths A-Level student and gave advice accordingly :p:, since you shouldn't be one, make sure you understand your stuff, if you're good enough it'll be easy.

Oh no i do want to go to a top uni sorry :smile: I want to do economics or maths, at warwick, lse or oxbridge (very unlikely) depending on how i do through out the course.

I like to self teach myself stuff, or look at stuff i dont know, i guess i like learning, and i have been self teaching a little A level, and i would love to succeed, as i want get AAA minimum so i have a chance at a top uni!
If I get an A on unit 3 english exam I sat a few days ago - A* English.
If I don't get an A, but higher than a D - A English :]
i think that unless i completely messed up core 4 (which i don't think i did) then i'm expecting an A* in maths, and I'm hoping for one in french, but im not sure i'll have got 90% in the exam yesterday...
Im hoping for one at least in Chemistry but not really sure about Physics :P edexcel are making the exams harder than is necessary.
Reply 85
I am not only expecting but already have achieved one in Maths :smile: pretty sure for another A* in Russian, and Further Maths it all depends on how good i prepare in the coming 3 days, this is my last A2 exam and 90+ would give me the third A*... I hope I get it
An A* at A-level with the CIE exam board is one to be proud of! :smile:

An A* at any with ny other exam board (eg. OCR, Edexcel, AQA, etc...) is one BIG JOKE!!! :tongue: (sorry but it's true...)

When I was studying for my Additional Maths for IGCSE with the CIE exam board, I used an A-level text book from the OCR exam board and this helped me a lot! About 60% of the topics in there came on my Additional Maths exam!

Then, I decided to look for a past paper for the OCR Exam board online. To my suprise I found the core paper 1 and core paper 2 CONSIDERABLY easier than my additional maths!!! I was shocked! To me, it seemed like this exam board was for the "lower ability students!"
Do you only need an average of 90% on A2 exams? I was under the impression you needed it in both exams but maybe it's exam board differences.
Reply 88
Sternumator
Do you only need an average of 90% on A2 exams? I was under the impression you needed it in both exams but maybe it's exam board differences.

Average across A2 units of 90% plus at least 80% average for the full A-level. Across all exam boards, no exceptions.

Maths/Further are special cases though, detailed on the TSR wiki.
Reply 89
Not expecting but hoping for 2! Should have at least one but I do two A Levels in the same subject which happens to be my best subject, wouldn't stand a chance in anything else I doubt!
Reply 90
I need one to meet my offer, worked hard in all 4 subjects but we'll see.

I haven't voted because I really don't know. :o:

Latest