The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Philosophy, Logic and Scientific Method

Anyone got any offers for Philosophy, Logic and Scientific Method?
Reply 1
Hello! I realise this might not be a very active chat, but I will share this with you guys anyway! I’m a first year studying philosophy, logic and scientific method at LSE. Please feel free to message me if you have any questions, if there’s enough demand, we hope to set up a group chat with freshers to get to know you all. Good luck with your applications xxx
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by humean
Hello! I realise this might not be a very active chat, but I will share this with you guys anyway! I’m a first year studying philosophy, logic and scientific method at LSE. Please feel free to message me if you have any questions, if there’s enough demand, we hope to set up a group chat with freshers to get to know you all. Good luck with your applications xxx

Hi, I know it has been 1 year but I would love some help if you can!!
how many people get into LSE and study philosophy, logic and scientific method? what do you think LSE looks for in their personal statement? and how would someone decide philosophy at LSE is for them when the degree at LSE is so different to most philosophy degrees?
Reply 3
Original post by nooneeee
Hi, I know it has been 1 year but I would love some help if you can!!
how many people get into LSE and study philosophy, logic and scientific method? what do you think LSE looks for in their personal statement? and how would someone decide philosophy at LSE is for them when the degree at LSE is so different to most philosophy degrees?

Hi, the application/offer/registration data has been provided in the Key Facts box on the programme page.

I'd also recommend referring to the 'Assessing your application' section on this page where we've provided information about what we're looking for in a competitive applicant, and provided Personal Statement guidance. You can also visit our Personal Statement webpage.

Spending time to read through the course descriptions is the best way to familiarise yourself with what our BSc Philosophy, Logic and Scientific Method students study across the duration of their degree. You can access these via the 'Programme structure and courses' section of the programme page. I would also suggest watching the department's Virtual Undergraduate Open Day session to find out more about the programme content and life in the department.
Original post by LSE
Hi, the application/offer/registration data has been provided in the Key Facts box on the programme page.

I'd also recommend referring to the 'Assessing your application' section on this page where we've provided information about what we're looking for in a competitive applicant, and provided Personal Statement guidance. You can also visit our Personal Statement webpage.

Spending time to read through the course descriptions is the best way to familiarise yourself with what our BSc Philosophy, Logic and Scientific Method students study across the duration of their degree. You can access these via the 'Programme structure and courses' section of the programme page. I would also suggest watching the department's Virtual Undergraduate Open Day session to find out more about the programme content and life in the department.

What are my chances of getting into LSE for philosophy with retakes I plan on doing next summer for all 3 subjects?
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
What are my chances of getting into LSE for philosophy with retakes I plan on doing next summer for all 3 subjects?

I'm afraid we cannot assess your chances of admission before we have received and reviewed a complete UCAS application. Applicants who are unhappy with a calculated A level grade received in summer 2021 may subsequently decide to sit the exams in autumn 2021. In this instance, we will not consider them as re-sits and you will not be disadvantaged. You are expected to sit the exam at the earliest available opportunity, i.e. Autumn 2021. Applicants sitting the exams at a later date may be disadvantaged due to the additional time taken to complete the qualification(s). Your UCAS referee would be expected to provide information in their UCAS reference to help the assessors understand your circumstances, reasons for re-sitting, anything preventing you from sitting the exams in autumn 2021. If you require more information, please contact us directly.
Original post by humean

hi! I know it's been a while but I just applied to this degree and would be very grateful to have an insight of it, and to know more about your personal experience with it. have a great day:wink:
Reply 7
Original post by unanonymouse
hi! I know it's been a while but I just applied to this degree and would be very grateful to have an insight of it, and to know more about your personal experience with it. have a great day:wink:

Hi. Did you end up getting an offer and going?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending