The Student Room Group

FCA internships- summer 2023

Hi,

Has anyone applied for the FCA summer internships before? If so, what was the application process like? What were the online assessments like and how many were there?

Scroll to see replies

I did last year and got through to the telephone interview, so you do the initial application, online assessment and answer 4 motivational questions about 1000 words, and then a telephone interview which I didnt pass.

If you do pass I imagine there is an assessment centre and final interview maybe?

The first parts aren't that hard, just make sure you prepare a lot for the interviews and know info about FCA, what they do, what they've achieved and their wider impact on consumers etc.
Thank you for your reply! Did you prepare for the online assessments in any way? Not sure what to expect apart from numerical reasoning
No I didnt, I found the online assessment quite easy in comparison to others I've done, its not time assessed so just work through the tiles and make sure you get the maths right
Original post by poleconcardiff7
I did last year and got through to the telephone interview, so you do the initial application, online assessment and answer 4 motivational questions about 1000 words, and then a telephone interview which I didnt pass.

If you do pass I imagine there is an assessment centre and final interview maybe?

The first parts aren't that hard, just make sure you prepare a lot for the interviews and know info about FCA, what they do, what they've achieved and their wider impact on consumers etc.

Hi, thank you so much for your help! I've passed onto the telephone interview and I've applied for a data analyst position. Are there any resources you used for preparation?
For the phone interview I would just make sure you know a lot about what the FCA do, their achievements, what they do for consumers etc..

I did well on the motivations for applying / working for the FCA part but thats where I struggled!
Original post by poleconcardiff7
For the phone interview I would just make sure you know a lot about what the FCA do, their achievements, what they do for consumers etc..

I did well on the motivations for applying / working for the FCA part but thats where I struggled!

Hey, could I be really cheeky and ask what sort of questions they asked you?
Hey! Does anyone know if they have already made offers for the Summer Internship? I have my AC coming up on March 20th but Im kinda afraid they will have assigned all internships by then.

Thanks a lot!
Original post by pineapple201

finished the AC for the data analyst summer internship role a few days ago.

youve probably have the telephone interview by now, but just in case they ask 5 questions like "how does the fca benifit the consumer", "what are the problems the fca faces" etc.
Original post by pineapple201

Heyy, did you have your interview already?
Original post by donny1234
finished the AC for the data analyst summer internship role a few days ago.

youve probably have the telephone interview by now, but just in case they ask 5 questions like "how does the fca benifit the consumer", "what are the problems the fca faces" etc.

Hey! Do you remember if they told you their decision straight away at the end of the interview or not?
Original post by madambutterfly00
Hey! Do you remember if they told you their decision straight away at the end of the interview or not?

nope! they said i'd hear back from them in 2-3 weeks
Hiya, I did my telephone interview and wanted to know how they contacted you to let you know you had passed, thank you.
Original post by Julienguyen
Hiya, I did my telephone interview and wanted to know how they contacted you to let you know you had passed, thank you.

Hey! I got informed about making it to the next stage the day after
Hiya, could i be quite cheeky and ask what sort of questions they ask and how long it last for
Original post by Julienguyen

Hii, could i be cheeky and ask what sort of questions they ask and how long the interview lasts for
Hi guys, I have an update. I have an assessment centre which is scheduled next week Tuesday on 28/03. I am not sure what to expect, has anyone attended an AC for the FCA before?
Original post by donny1234
nope! they said i'd hear back from them in 2-3 weeks

Had my interview about 5 days ago. Got an email within 24h saying that I've got an assessment centre next week. questions on the fca. why fca. what do you understand of this role in the fca. what interesting thing have fca done etc
I did one on monday, they gave us written documents to analyse. An interview where the questions were all tell us about a time in your life when... and finally a presentation on a case
How many competency questions do they ask? Guessing around 4?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending